IGNORED

Matt Hill

Carey 6

Got a great reception from us City fans yesterday, came over at the end and clapped us all as well. Never the best with his ability but always put 100% in.

Puts the other players besides Wade Elliott & Wes Burns in our team to shame who didn't acknowledge the near 900 away fans who'd made the trip up.

He's here, he's there, he's every ******* where!

Got a great reception from us City fans yesterday, came over at the end and clapped us all as well. Never the best with his ability but always put 100% in.

Puts the other players besides Wade Elliott & Wes Burns in our team to shame who didn't acknowledge the near 900 away fans who'd made the trip up.

My favourite player. Not through ability (although I do think he was a very good defender) but attitude and commitment. Always played with a smile on his face.

Seen many many better players over the years. But Matty, for some odd reason that I can never really explain is my favourite.

My favourite player. Not through ability (although I do think he was a very good defender) but attitude and commitment. Always played with a smile on his face.

Seen many many better players over the years. But Matty, for some odd reason that I can never really explain is my favourite.

I remember so many passes that went out for a throw in when he was at left back, but for someone so small, he was a great Centre back, an rarely lost out in the air against bigger target men! Not seen anyone else ever like it!

Flint is panning a coup though on Hills monarchy

Matt Hill spent most of his career playing at a higher level than Bristol City. Shows the value of application, attitude and heart when added to ability.

Can you imagine Rooney or Giggs if they didn't work their nuts off - they'd never have scaled the heights. Conversely look at Berbatov - he'd be one of the best if he could be arsed every week (take note jet).

If we're in the bottom div next year we could do much worse than to bring him back.

As for Flint - I've not yet seen him have a truly good game. Doesn't look the part - an error of judgement on SOD or KB's part.

Matt Hill spent most of his career playing at a higher level than Bristol City. Shows the value of application, attitude and heart when added to ability.

Can you imagine Rooney or Giggs if they didn't work their nuts off - they'd never have scaled the heights. Conversely look at Berbatov - he'd be one of the best if he could be arsed every week (take note jet).

If we're in the bottom div next year we could do much worse than to bring him back.

As for Flint - I've not yet seen him have a truly good game. Doesn't look the part - an error of judgement on SOD or KB's part.

Hill is out of contract at end of season, but I do expect to see quite a few league one clubs in for him, don't think he'd drop down to come back to us

Was a great servant to us. Good honest pro and never let anyone down.

As mentioned, he did lack ability but he's the type of character we miss right now. Great spring on him as well for a little fella.

Awesome defender for a winger. Best leap I ever saw apart from Rosenior. Don't know how many times he dug that carthorse Butler out the shite by covering up his cock ups. Aweful passer of the long bsll up the line with the outside of his boot. Fantastic passer of the ball inside the full back. Created a fair few goals like that if you look through our past goal footage. Piss poor crosser!

A strange one was matt. Wish we had him now.

He's here hes there..

Awesome defender for a winger. Best leap I ever saw apart from Rosenior. Don't know how many times he dug that carthorse Butler out the shite by covering up his cock ups. Aweful passer of the long bsll up the line with the outside of his boot. Fantastic passer of the ball inside the full back. Created a fair few goals like that if you look through our past goal footage. Piss poor crosser!

He's here hes there..

Don't forget what a lovely striker of a dead ball Matty was.

Hearing about his warm reception from our fans was the best bit about yesterday's match reports.

He's here hes there..

Awesome or Awful?

He's here hes there..

Tony donkey Butler! Forgot about him!

I think Matty Hill is the perfect example of a player who made up for his lack of natural ability in many other ways. The sort of player who the fans appreciated for the right reasons.

Not the sort of bullocks we have seen all too much of lately. Players that work hard but are actually shite. Matty was a gem!

• Admin

I remember so many passes that went out for a throw in when he was at left back, but for someone so small, he was a great Centre back, an rarely lost out in the air against bigger target men! Not seen anyone else ever like it!

That is how I remember him

The difference between then and now, he gave a shit

One of the City players (Flint I think) tried to come over and applaud the fans after Hill did. He was told pretty quickly what the fans thought of him and wandered off again.

Archived