IGNORED

Is It Simply The Tactics Are Wrong?

Victoryforreds

The last few managers we've had in charge have all focused on long ball. Playing it from the back, whacking it up field to normally a lone striker (baldock) that's barely over 5ft and expecting him to do something with that service. For the majority of the past few seasons we've relied on this form of play and it's cost us. Time and time again this approach doesn't work and I just don't understand why the managers keep trying to make it work. It puts more added pressure on an already pressured defence and this type of play completely bypasses the midfield.

The last two games I can say I enjoyed, was when we played Mk dons and Watford at home. In fact they're probably the only two games I've enjoyed this season. We passed it around well, and gained a lot more chances and looked like we could actually win a game. Ok we didn't win the games but in Mk dons case we should've done.

I just feel playing from the back, the ball seems to come straight back at us every time and catches both the midfield and defence unawares. I think we need more of an attacking mentality, players need to take more risks by trying to take opposition players on (which is why we like jet and burns) because they at least have that mentality and low an behold make a difference most of the time.

Comments please!

Archived