IGNORED

End Of The Season....

RedBrizzleRobin

.... I think some hard and difficult questions need to be asked of this board who are currently overseeing us to our lowest finish since 1982! 32 YEARS! At least we had an excuse last time..... but this?! They've been unable to arrest our 5 year slide, with no mention of how they plan to stop it. They've tried to build a team that has, once again, been poorly invested in and we all knew we had to cut back but have cut back too much at once.  I'm not saying the board should step down but they need to prove to us fans they know what they are doing and how they are going to 'fix' us. If not, I'd rather they Foxtrot Oscar. What is happening right now is UNACCEPTABLE and currently it seems, no idea how to turn it around. How we have come down from the championship with a squad not even competitive in league one is atrocious. It really smacks of total mismanagement.

I think as fans we need to put some pressure on the board when this season is done because to be fair, considering what we've been through they've had a pretty easy ride. This can't continue, because either this season or next, we'll be in league two. As a fan base so far we've just stood from the sides just watching it happen. People say we have can have onc of the most passionate fans sometimes but we also have some of the most placid. Once this season is done something needs to be changed.

.... I think some hard and difficult questions need to be asked of this board who are currently overseeing us to our lowest finish since 1982! 32 YEARS! At least we had an excuse last time..... but this?! They've been unable to arrest our 5 year slide, with no mention of how they plan to stop it. They've tried to build a team that has, once again, been poorly invested in and we all knew we had to cut back but have cut back too much at once.  I'm not saying the board should step down but they need to prove to us fans they know what they are doing and how they are going to 'fix' us. If not, I'd rather they Foxtrot Oscar. What is happening right now is UNACCEPTABLE and currently it seems, no idea how to turn it around. How we have come down from the championship with a squad not even competitive in league one is atrocious. It really smacks of total mismanagement.

I think as fans we need to put some pressure on the board when this season is done because to be fair, considering what we've been through they've had a pretty easy ride. This can't continue, because either this season or next, we'll be in league two. As a fan base so far we've just stood from the sides just watching it happen. People say we have can have once of the most passionate fans sometimes but we also have some of the most placid. Once this season is done something needs to be changed.

When you say put pressure on the board, I assume you mean some form of protest?

Why wait until the end of the season though? If you feel that strongly, do it now. Shit or get off the pot.

Never said protest, I said questions need to be asked and I did say at the end of the season as well.... 

So where do you propose to ask these questions? At one of the Q&A's?

What will you ask? Because obviously the last couple have not produced the answers you're after.

Sitting on hands and asking questions won't get a lot done IMO, but best of luck with it anyway, let us know how you get on.

The  championship wouldn't have been so bad as it would have a gradual decrease, but we are paying the price for overspending and poor investment in players. I can't argue with Baldock, he's been a decent acquisition, davies was so so. The problem with McInnes was spending that 1.5 Million on strikers when just Baldock would have done then spent the rest on other areas of the squad. Tbf to him Baldock, Cunningham and Kelly have been decent players for us. Still think it was a mistake letting McInnes go. We shouldn't be looking at league two with our wage budget though, this is the problem.

When you say put pressure on the board, I assume you mean some form of protest?

Why wait until the end of the season though? If

you feel that strongly, do it now. Shit or get off

the pot.

Shit or get off the pot? That's about the sum of it with a lot of OTIB posters, they talk the former and smoke too much of the latter.

The problem is three of that team are loanees while Osbourne and El Abd have only recently joined us and it takes a while to get a team together. We were just starting to get going under SOD's team when he was given the boot.

Granted,but we've had Maloney,marv,wagstaff all experienced championship players and when you throw in Reid,Burns and Bryan who are all good young players this squad has massively underachieved.I totally agree with what you say about SOD and it was nonsensical to bring in a manager with polar opposite views as to how the game should be played.

Granted,but we've had Maloney,marv,wagstaff all experienced championship players and when you throw in Reid,Burns and Bryan who are all good young players this squad has massively underachieved.I totally agree with what you say about SOD and it was nonsensical to bring in a manager with polar opposite views as to how the game should be played.

They were experienced but not necessarily in the upper echelons of the Championship, Mav apart in 07/08 !  God knows why we've underachieved, there must be something behind the scenes which we're not party to, probably due to money.

The fact that we invested 300k in aiden flint shows that the board haven't really learned their lesson. Mind you i don't know what wages he's on as transfer fee doesn't count towards our scmp or whatever percentage. We got keith burt in to help us find young talented players and develop a network, and at the start of the season it was looking really promising, players like winter started really well. For whatever reason its all gone pete tong, i don't blame the board entirely the managers they have appointed have all done well elsewhere, we seem to be spiralling out of control with no way to stop. IF we go down this season i think we will end up just as shite as rovers, but with a 27 thousand seater stadium!

Shit or get off the pot? That's about the sum of it with a lot of OTIB posters, they talk the former and smoke too much of the latter.

:clap:

The problem is in the fact that if we're relegated again we maybe looking at sub 6,000 home attendances for the first time in over 30 years. It's the supporters that don't post on OTIB that also matter - 80% of the support? What must they be thinking?

:clap:

The problem is in the fact that if we're relegated again we maybe looking at sub 6,000 home

attendances for the first time in over 30 years.

It's the supporters that don't post on OTIB that

also matter - 80% of the support? What must

they be thinking?

Indeed. I trust they, as a lot of us, will continue to support the club. That's what all genuine football fans do, as opposed to the fair-weather tosh that passes for support on here.

No, SOD had to go

No, SOD had to go

That wasn't his point. Whether O'Driscoll had to go or not, it was madness to replace him by a manager with a completely different football philosophy, and to do so in mid-season a couple of places above the drop.

And, no, I'm not knocking Cotterill; making the change the other way round would have been equally foolish. If there was ever a fit target for "You don't know what you're doing", it's the BCFC board.

That wasn't his point. Whether O'Driscoll had to go or not, it was madness to replace him by a manager with a completely different football philosophy, and to do so in mid-season a couple of places above the drop.

And, no, I'm not knocking Cotterill; making the change the other way round would have been equally foolish. If there was ever a fit target for "You don't know what you're doing", it's the BCFC board.

We were actually 22nd when he was sacked.  

IMO he had to go, whatever he was trying to achieve just wasn't happening.

Whether the new incumbent can keep us up is an on-going question.

We were actually 22nd when he was sacked.  

IMO he had to go, whatever he was trying to achieve just wasn't happening.

Whether the new incumbent can keep us up is an on-going question.

Yes, two places above bottom which, of course, is what I meant. And, even if he did have to go (which I'm not commenting on) why not replace him with a manager* with a similar style of football?

If Arsene Wenger was to get the chop, which might happen, would it make sense to replace him with Sam Allardyce?

* Even if he wasn't a personal friend of the chairman...

Archived