IGNORED

Team For Next Match And The Match After And The Next One

The Humble Realist

Ok so in the nicest possible way I'm fed up of seeing the barrage of 'team for next week' posts that have appeared on the forum recently.

These seem to have multiplied in recent weeks which leads me to question and ask...

Does anyone including SC know our best team ? Do we even have a best 11?

In my opinion the answer to this is no and one of the main reasons we are down the bottom. Much of a muchness within the squad and constant chopping and changing to find a 'magic formula' that doesn't actually exist !

Thoughts ?

They all seem to consist of making 4 or 5 changes each week, largely on the basis that the players selected didn't play the week before.

Don't forget of course to include someone who can barely make the reserves (usually Krans, now that Ajala is in the conference) and Carey is another highly likely candidate, despite being 37 and a barely adequate performer for two seasons now.

Personally I have absolutely no idea what our best side is.

The last two years (as Brizzle Jordan rightly put it yesterday, ever since the Cardiff and Palace wins) seem to have consisted of every Saturday being another blow to the stomach as McInnes, O'Driscoll and now Cotterill, plus a multitude of clueless, gutless players roll over and we get beat most weeks.

How anyone picks an XI out of this (well bar Cotterill, as it's his job after all) I really haven't a clue.

They all seem to consist of making 4 or 5 changes each week, largely on the basis that the players selected didn't play the week before.

Don't forget of course to include someone who can barely make the reserves (usually Krans, now that Ajala is in the conference) and Carey is another highly likely candidate, despite being 37 and a barely adequate performer for two seasons now.

Personally I have absolutely no idea what our best side is.

The last two years (as Brizzle Jordan rightly put it yesterday, ever since the Cardiff and Palace wins) seem to have consisted of every Saturday being another blow to the stomach as McInnes, O'Driscoll and now Cotterill, plus a multitude of clueless, gutless players roll over and we get beat most weeks.

How anyone picks an XI out of this (well bar Cotterill, as it's his job after all) I really haven't a clue.

My thoughts exactly. Certainly the last 3 managers have chopped and changed, cotts in recent home games in particular has been forced into early subs due to pre match tinkering (which has normally been playing players out of position ) that can only be counter productive

Archived