IGNORED

Kelly

CITYAREREDANDWHITE

He was average, nothing more than that.

Lots of people getting excited, but his injury will test his mental strength on the pitch - will he be able to get stuck in or will he hold back for fear of another long lay off just like Ribeiro (who is hopefully now fully recovered mentally and physically).

I can't see him having any impact at all this season and putting all these hopes on him is just clutching at straws.

He may have been average playing against some quality sides.

This season is quite different.

He was average, nothing more than that.

Lots of people getting excited, but his injury will test his mental strength on the pitch - will he be able to get stuck in or will he hold back for fear of another long lay off just like Ribeiro (who is hopefully now fully recovered mentally and physically).

I can't see him having any impact at all this season and putting all these hopes on him is just clutching at straws.

Well if he is average I would like a few more average players.

He's one I can't really pick. For me, when he came in he to some extent underwhelmed.

He clearly is a good player but he was an equal part of a bad midfield. People say he mopped up and protected the defence. I must be honest and say I very rarely saw that and certainly don't recall that. Indeed when he played people waltzed through just as they are now. But I remember being forgiving at the time because I don't think he was ever billed as the re-enforcer but actually was an advanced midfielder who would unlock defences and chip in with a few goals.

Perhaps it's me with the bad memory but I'm a bit confused as to the general perception to what he did. I recall a good midfielder doing a job (re-enforcing) which was neither a strength nor playing to his abilities. I certainly don't see him as a Cisse-type player.

He's one I can't really pick. For me, when he came in he to some extent underwhelmed.

He clearly is a good player but he was an equal part of a bad midfield. People say he mopped up and protected the defence. I must be honest and say I very rarely saw that and certainly don't recall that. Indeed when he played people waltzed through just as they are now. But I remember being forgiving at the time because I don't think he was ever billed as the re-enforcer but actually was an advanced midfielder who would unlock defences and chip in with a few goals.

Perhaps it's me with the bad memory but I'm a bit confused as to the general perception to what he did. I recall a good midfielder doing a job (re-enforcing) which was neither a strength nor playing to his abilities. I certainly don't see him as a Cisse-type player.

Exactly this

Hope he comes in and does well, god knows we need it. But I'm not sure where this perception, of him being our saviour has come from? From my memory of him, he got about the pitch relatively well. But seem to remember him giving the ball away a lot, particulary trying the Hollywood ball. Had potential for sure, just maybe people are going over the top with his potential come back. Or then again, maybe that is because of how bad things have got!

Archived