IGNORED

Defending Corners, Or Not.

Rich

As I haven't had the desire to read many of the posts on here recently, (Sick of the club bashing) I haven't seen anyone mention our positional play while defending corners and trying to stop the opposition scoring.

I have noticed that we now no longer have anyone on the back post for corners and that, we've conceded at least two goals, (Coventry and Sheffield UTD) tell me if there are more. Now we've either had a change in tactics, or someone isn't doing their job. If it's a change in tactics, it aint working for us, if it's the latter, the players aint working for us. Can someone enlighten me, or shoot me down in flames, as it's already been discussed.

As I haven't had the desire to read many of the posts on here recently, (Sick of the club bashing) I haven't seen anyone mention our positional play while defending corners and trying to stop the opposition scoring.

I have noticed that we now no longer have anyone on the back post for corners and that, we've conceded at least two goals, (Coventry and Sheffield UTD) tell me if there are more. Now we've either had a change in tactics, or someone isn't doing their job. If it's a change in tactics, it aint working for us, if it's the latter, the players aint working for us. Can someone enlighten me, or shoot me down in flames, as it's already been discussed.

I don't think it's corners specifically, but simply just Open Play

I think the issue is with our midfield.

We never get close to challenging/tackling, Opposition run and pass through our static midfield and attack our overly exposed defence at will.

I don't think it's corners specifically, but simply just Open Play

I think the issue is with our midfield.

We never get close to challenging/tackling, Opposition run and pass through our static midfield and attack our overly exposed defence at will.

I agree, our general defending is poor from the front to the back, leaving our defenders exposed. For example: just once I'd like to see Sam Baldock not pull out of a challenge, I'm not targeting him but he's weak in that part of his game, add in JET who's also poor defending open play and it's also the midfield that get exposed. I specifically referred to corners because they happen during a game and don't seem to be defended particularly well. In fact, I've just seen the Sheffield game and neither post had a defender on it. That's leaving a lot for the keeper to do if the opposition get a shot/header on target.

Archived