IGNORED

Gets Your Thinking How Much About Our Chairman

Posset red

Right before anyone says it I'm city through and through. I was pleasantly surprised to find out I had to work for Barry Bradshaw early today(one of many Bristol rovers chairmen) anyway got talking about football as you do with such a bloke. Quite clearly he was over the moon with the result they got upbeat scunny a good point I'm sure anyone would say. Well anyway a player they have on loan from Exeter(correct me if I'm wrong) a player called gow. Well last night playing scunny he got injured and before he could leave he had to be seen too. So bradshaw said to the ward take the rest home on the coach and I'll drive gow home myself. Anyway it was found out that how will now miss the next few games so asked bradshaw if he could give him a lift home which he assumed was Exeter but found out was actually exmouth. Anyway cut the long story short bradshaw got home at 4 am in the morning after driving the injured player home it crossed my mind what I'd give for a chairman/director with as passion and love for the club and players as that. Instead we have a owner who lives miles away and a son who basically has given control too and clearly doesn't have a scooby doo how to run a club sad sad times

...a few years back a City fan was cycling to every away game (for charity I think) he set off for one long trip forgetting to take his lucky City shirt with him.

Steve Landsdown heard about it, got hold of the address and personally went to the guys home & collected it & took it to the game where the cyclist & shirt were reunited...

Thats a pretty good effort from our multi-millionaire (some say out of touch) chairman & owner doncha think?? 

Pathetic dig at Lansdown, the OP hasn't got a clue if City have done similar things for our players in the past. I'm sure there's also plenty of fans who can tell you about things the club have done for them.

Why don't you go on the Gas forum and tell them what a hero this Bradshaw bloke is?

Steve Lansdown and his family are 100% Bristol City fans. They have given so much to our club. They are more committed than many others. Wish people would get off their backs

Yes I have sympathy with you. However JL et al have to take some responsibility for the decisions they made/make as unfortunately it impinges on our lives to a large extent as well!

Nevertheless, I would rather have the Lansdown's with us and trying to get it right than the alternative. One thing I am assured of regardless of what division we are in next season, there will still be a Bristol City trying to do the right thing!! I remember 82 and we didnt have that 4ucking luxury then!!!!!!!!

Not only is the OP story fairly boring and uneventful, but clearly carries a huge jealousy towards SL's success.

If you really believe that Rovers are better served by their directors, than we are by ours, then you are delusional, boardering on simply being an idiot!

Right before anyone says it I'm city through and through. I was pleasantly surprised to find out I had to work for Barry Bradshaw early today(one of many Bristol rovers chairmen) anyway got talking about football as you do with such a bloke. Quite clearly he was over the moon with the result they got upbeat scunny a good point I'm sure anyone would say. Well anyway a player they have on loan from Exeter(correct me if I'm wrong) a player called gow. Well last night playing scunny he got injured and before he could leave he had to be seen too. So bradshaw said to the ward take the rest home on the coach and I'll drive gow home myself. Anyway it was found out that how will now miss the next few games so asked bradshaw if he could give him a lift home which he assumed was Exeter but found out was actually exmouth. Anyway cut the long story short bradshaw got home at 4 am in the morning after driving the injured player home it crossed my mind what I'd give for a chairman/director with as passion and love for the club and players as that. Instead we have a owner who lives miles away and a son who basically has given control too and clearly doesn't have a scooby doo how to run a club sad sad times

I worked with one of the Port Vale directors and he invited me up to the Port Vale directors box so I ended up sitting with the Port Vale directors oposite the City directors, this was about 2006 before we got promoted, anyway it was a fairly open game and the only other other person in the box that had any ounce of passion for the game was our Owner :)

So I can personally tell you he feels as much pain as you or I when we lose, also he stumps up a massive amount of money.

I worked with one of the Port Vale directors and he invited me up to the Port Vale directors box so I ended up sitting with the Port Vale directors oposite the

City directors, this was about 2006 before we got promoted, anyway it was a fairly open game and the only other other person in the box that had any ounce of passion for the game was our Owner :)

So I can personally tell you he feels as much pain as you or I when we lose, also he stumps up a massive amount of money.

Of all the things over the years I've heard said, gd or bad about our "majority shareholder" to me this is the most poignant. Thanks for sharing tht :)

More money than sense in my opinion.

It'd be hard to argue that he's had value for his money, but the charge was that he doesn't care about the club.

As ever, I'd urge those who assume life would automatically have been better without Lansdown to look at some of our divisional rivals from 10 years ago: Grimsby, Luton, Wrexham, Stockport. Bristol City without Steve Lansdown does not necessarily equal the same performance with less expenditure.

bloody hell... even the most blue tinted if gasheads struggle to find a good thing to say about boycie!! this was the last place i expected to see it....

Nice thing for the bloke to do though so fair play on this one .... likes to keep a tight ship does boycie ... when he used to be involved at clevedon towns hand stadium he used to take the money on the door when it became 'VIBE' nightclub... not often an owner works the door !

The other night I called up Steve Lansdown and asked him to deliver a curry to my aunt in Gillingham because she didn't want to miss part of her favourite t.v show.

He said no, what is this club coming to??

I am sure the Rover's family club chairman would also say no.However he would most likely go round to your Aunt's and rustle up a chicken vindaloo with poppadums and chutney and afterwards give her an Ayurvedic massage.with essential oils.

See the difference?

Lansdown Out !

Uncaring bas tard

bloody hell... even the most blue tinted if gasheads struggle to find a good thing to say about boycie!! this was the last place i expected to see it....

Nice thing for the bloke to do though so fair play on this one .... likes to keep a tight ship does boycie ... when he used to be involved at clevedon towns hand stadium he used to take the money on the door when it became 'VIBE' nightclub... not often an owner works the door !

Like the way you used the phrase "take the money"......it's inherent at the gas !

I am sure the Rover's family club chairman would also say no.However he would most likely go round to your Aunt's and rustle up a chicken vindaloo with poppadums and chutney and afterwards give her an Ayurvedic massage.with essential oils.

See the difference?

Lansdown Out !

Uncaring bas tard

Don't talk bloody wet man!

Surely you know it would be a phal :D

Didnt SL take elliott up to newcastle in his private jet when we played them as he just came back from international duty or something? Same thing aint it?

...further to his own private jet, our chairman has also made available to his team magager a Jet of his own to use as he see's fit,(slightly unreliable, high maintenance, but when it flies boy does it fly, breathtaking!)  

Compare that with the box of spanners & dodgy O'Tooles poor old Wardy has at his disposal. :)  

Archived