IGNORED

Predictions Of Good And Bad

Midlands Robin

I don't know if any of you have seen this before but the link below is for a website that runs calculations based on current and predicted form to look at future results and final finishing positions.

It's good news for this weekend as it predicts a pretty comfortable win against Gillingham and also they predict that we will finish safely (but only just) in 20th. This spot was an improvement on the 21st position originally predicted before tuesday nights games.

I've no idea how accurate the predictions are over all but it's something to keep an eye on anyway.

http://www.after38.com/after38teams.aspx?team=Bristol%20City

Sadly I can't answer those questions. A bloke I work with whose a Gillingham fan pointed the site out to me. I know that before Tuesday nights games it had us in a predicted final position of 21st but as the games progress between various teams they update the results and project that against the likelyhood of us winning future games.

All I can guess is that it's based not only on our form but the form on those other teams in the league around us as well. Even if we move up a point in their calculation that may not change our position much but if we move up one and another team moves down, then the effect on the next few games becomes more exagerated.

Like I said, I've no idea how accurate it is and would love to have seen where we were going earlier on in the season. One things for sure though, it may be able to give a good idea of results but clearly it can't be used as a guide to the style of football we are currently playing or weather its entertaining or not but in our current postion I'd take 3 points no matter how they come.

Archived