IGNORED

Hate Cardiff Feel Sorry For Olly

prankerd

Not sure why people think OGS is going to be a great manager. I read an article in The Guardian a while back where it was stated his transfer policy at Molde was based on buying players based on FM14!

Perhaps SC should get a copy?

Not sure why people think OGS is going to be a great manager. I read an article in The Guardian a while back where it was stated his transfer policy at Molde was based on buying players based on FM14!

Why not? It is a massive database of players available for the price of entry to a football match. It shouldn't be a sole factor but to identify potential targets to then scout and consider there is no problem.

I dont think it was a bad decision. He no doubt took advice on it, probably including the likes of fergie.

I think it's a win win situation for him.

If they go down or he's sacked, the blame will fall on the nutter in charge, and his cv will remain intact.

Any success will be deemed despite the nutter in charge, and will increase his reputation.

And above all, it's valuable experience in the top flight.

FM have usually got it spot on when judging player potential and Value. As someone else said it's a cheap database that is packed with players. All it takes is for OGS to say scout .... then they could pick up a world class talent on the cheap

FM wouldn't be so stupid then ;)

The FM database often gets it right. It is compiled by fans who in essence give a scouting report on each player.

Exactly. To use it (given the cost) is prudent. To ignore it is border-line incompetent.

Archived