IGNORED

Match Ball For Sale.

Slacker

Didn't realise that someone took it from the boy.Just thought the stewards were trying to get it back.Apologies.

Yeah, was a bit of a scuffle over in the corner, guess the adult was taking the ball for himself, as he then legged it up the stairs and out. Fielding definitely threw it to two young kiddies after the game though. Not on really.

To be fair, FF gave it to the kid, the kid gave it to his parent, and the steward went up to him and said 'give the ball back now' in a firm tone.

It all started kicking off, when he was speaking to the steward, and some 'clever bloke' came up behind the bloke, and tried knocking the ball out of his hand, he then squared up to him, and it all went on from there.

It was given to a young lad who gave it to his dad and the stewards were being ridiculous, there was about 7 or 8 of them 'mobbing up' to go and retrieve the ball. As somebody said the steward should of taken up the issue with Frankie Fielding, its hardly the young lads fault or the fault of the dad if they are given something by a player and decide to keep it? I think most would?

It was given to a young lad who gave it to his dad and the stewards were being ridiculous, there was about 7 or 8 of them 'mobbing up' to go and retrieve the ball. As somebody said the steward should of taken up the issue with Frankie Fielding, its hardly the young lads fault or the fault of the dad if they are given something by a player and decide to keep it? I think most would?

Nicky Hunt gave me his shirt once after a game. I just left it

Yeah, was a bit of a scuffle over in the corner, guess the adult was taking the ball for himself, as he then legged it up the stairs and out. Fielding definitely threw it to two young kiddies after the game though. Not on really.

He was most definitely the kid's dad, spoke to him outside the ground.

A fellow fan tried to take the ball off him and throw it back then the stewards came over and it got a bit heated, thankfully common sense prevailed.

Policeman was saying how he'd got a call from the club asking for their ball back! :)

Police had him at the car park gates. :clapping:

I saw 4 policemen at the car park gates as we walked past, but they were talking to a man and with him was a young boy holding a football.

I hope it was sorted out as I'm sure Fielding would be horrified if he knew by handing the boy the matchball he caused so much trouble with what was a really nice gesture. We saw the stewards wade in to the Eastend as we walked out. Someone shouted at them 'all this fuss over a football' they seemed to want it back.

hello everyone, i am a new member, its my first post but it sounds like i have to post on this one!

For those slagging me off (especially DollyMarie) i am the little boys father who recieved the ball after Frankie passed it to him. After having a chat with the police officer, my little boy recieved a signed football from the club shop. 

Were all in good hands. Cheers everyone CTID

hello everyone! after reading all the rubbish being chucked at me i felt i had to sign up!

For those slagging me off (especially Dollymarie) i am the lads father, he gave the ball to me after recieving it from frankie. I then took off with it with other city fans backing me up on the way out.

That is all. CTID

So does anyone know if the lad got to keep the ball?Hope he did.

He will get the ball mid week

I spoke to the Copper holding the ball.

Said there was complaint of a scuffle over the ball. Added the club are "happy to give the ball to the kid midweek when its calmed down".

Saw the stewards trying to give chase and bark info down their walkie-talkies. Looked a right pathetic bunch of Jobsworth

He will get the ball mid week

I spoke to the Copper holding the ball.

Said there was complaint of a scuffle over the ball. Added the club are "happy to give the ball to the kid midweek when its calmed down".

Saw the stewards trying to give chase and bark info down their walkie-talkies. Looked a right pathetic bunch of Jobsworth

...I guess if anyone knows you will 'keepers ball' very appropriate.:)

If the club are hanging onto it til midweek I hope by the time they let the kid have it someone has taken the trouble to get it signed by Fielding & hopefully the whole team - that'd be a nice gesture :) COYR's.

Archived