IGNORED

Gillett

reddoc

Just wondering where the thread is , so I can post on it. Had a fair amount of criticism on here , but ran the game in front of the back four today. Passing was precise and tackled like a little Billy Bremner. Best performance in a City shirt this season for me and I'm not even gonna mention the goal.

Just wondering where the thread is , so I can post on it. Had a fair amount of criticism on here , but ran the game in front of the back four today. Passing was precise and tackled like a little Billy Bremner. Best performance in a City shirt this season for me and I'm not even gonna mention the goal.

A bit over the top as none of our players are capable of running the game but probably has the biggest heart for the smallest player on the pitch.

Made his fair share of unforced errors but was the best of a bad bunch.

He never deserved to be dropped from what I remember. Did he get injured??

Ithink they get dropped in some kind of random rotation don't they? Cunningham get's his game back and assuming he doesn't have an injury I'm unaware of immediately gets replaced. In fairness thought Williams had a good game today too but difficult to explain.

A bit over the top as none of our players are capable of running the game but probably has the biggest heart for the smallest player on the pitch.

Made his fair share of unforced errors but was the best of a bad bunch.

Comfortable on the ball, passed it economically, made one horrendous clearance from the six yard box in the first five mins, but I didn't see any other glaring errors.

Ithink they get dropped in some kind of random rotation don't they? Cunningham get's his game back and assuming he doesn't have an injury I'm unaware of immediately gets replaced. In fairness thought Williams had a good game today too but difficult to explain.

Probably because we lacked height in the team what with Gillet & Elliott in midfield so we needed Williams extra strength in the air what with the long throws etc coming into our box.

I think if we can get Simon Gillet and wade Elliott on a permanent for next season, with pearson and Kelly coming back, Reid, Marvin and waggy we have a very capable midfield.

They'd all probably be on huge wage drops (Pearson is out of contract at the end of the season), and we won't get any of them if we go down. Wade Elliott is coming to the end of his career - he is 35 - I could see him accepting him a year in leagure 1 if we stay up. I'd imagine we'd be competing with smaller championship clubs for the other two. I doubt whether we'd want more than two of them anyway.

I think he was dropped when we brought in Wade Elliott, thinking they were too similar for them to work together. But it worked. Seen it mentioned a few times SC doesn't rate Pack, Reid and Bryan are young and yet to find consistency. Marvin and Waggy injured. Pearson returns and maybe Kelly soon. Who knows what will happen from now until the end of the season, but a Elliott /Gillett partnership I didn't expect.

When Gillet was given a chance I personally believe he has impressed me, wade Elliot likes.having the ball which is something I like to see in a player. Wagstaff was our 3rd top scorer, bobby needs confidence which I believe he will start next season with, Marvin brings true passion in midfield.

Sorry , but given the chance we should looking to completely rebuild midfield. (unlikely though with contracts and the improbability of any takers ).  

What have you been watching this season ?

Sorry , but given the chance we should looking to completely rebuild midfield. (unlikely though with contracts and the improbability of any takers ).  

What have you been watching this season ?

Agree, though if I was to keep one from Marvin, Pearson, Wade Elliott or Gillett for next season it would be the latter.

When Gillet was given a chance I personally believe he has impressed me, wade Elliot likes.having the ball which is something I like to see in a player. Wagstaff was our 3rd top scorer, bobby needs confidence which I believe he will start next season with, Marvin brings true passion in midfield.

The two Elliot's?...afraid they have both had their day and been decent players but to keep them?..The boss will get Marv off the wage bill and Elliot mk2 is a stop gap-no more.and as for Gillett,one good game and he is the answer?..jury still out at best..will be keen to see how Kelly shapes up as could be what's been missing.a lot of work to be done on the 'project'..let's face it many doubt the credentials of SC and fear another bottle job by the board so could be a rocky old ride.

Archived