IGNORED

El Abd

To be fair he was good today

Not great though was he? Lost Akinfenwa far too easily for their goal. Sloppy as ****.

As for his antics it's all very well him being a character or a 'tough cookie' but he needs to defend first. That's why he is here.

He is pretty thick mind. Gives away so many stupid free kicks that put us under pressure.

Not great though was he? Lost Akinfenwa far too easily for their goal. Sloppy as ****.

As for his antics it's all very well him being a character or a 'tough cookie' but he needs to defend first. That's why he is here.

He is pretty thick mind. Gives away so many stupid free kicks that put us under pressure.

How many times was fielding tested today, twice by my recollection and one of those was a goal. Yes he may have lost Akinfenwa, but he is so good off the ball to compensate for his lack of pace. Furthermore the Gills were very good from set pieces, clearly their strong point. Yes El Abd's been poor but he was good today, stop moaning for the sake of it

How many times was fielding tested today, twice by my recollection and one of those was a goal. Yes he may have lost Akinfenwa, but he is so good off the ball to compensate for his lack of pace. Furthermore the Gills were very good from set pieces, clearly their strong point. Yes El Abd's been poor but he was good today, stop moaning for the sake of it

He was better yes but he could have been the best player on the park but still cost us a goal. Makes no difference if he's STILL making mistakes. It's not moaning for the sake of it when it's stating a fact. It's also having an opinion.

He was better yes but he could have been the best player on the park but still cost us a goal. Makes no difference if he's STILL making mistakes. It's not moaning for the sake of it when it's stating a fact. It's also having an opinion.

Reading my post back I may have come across as harsh and I apologise. However if anyone is to blame, it's whoever failed to pick up Lee. 

I'm a fair distance away from being an El-Abd fan but I thought he put in a reasonable shift today. Got some crucial blocks in and came out to meet his man.

He hardly inspires, but he was solid enough.

Shouldn't it really have been Brendan Moloney incidentally, defending that side of the goal?

I'm a fair distance away from being an El-Abd fan but I thought he put in a reasonable shift today. Got some crucial blocks in and came out to meet his man.

He hardly inspires, but he was solid enough.

Shouldn't it really have been Brendan Moloney incidentally, defending that side of the goal?

Technically it is Moloney's side but he would of been marking his man? I've yet to see it back so don't know who was marking Lee.

Even though it was in Moloney's area, El-Abd had marked Akinfenwa all day and did a reasonable job on him until the goal. That type of mistake or lack of concentration has been costing us all season. It's just so frustrating as Gillingham had a lively front two but as a team offered nothing as an attacking threat. Made it hard for ourselves again!

Technically it is Moloney's side but he would of been marking his man? I've yet to see it back so don't know who was marking Lee.

Even though it was in Moloney's area, El-Abd had marked Akinfenwa all day and did a reasonable job on him until the goal. That type of mistake or lack of concentration has been costing us all season. It's just so frustrating as Gillingham had a lively front two but as a team offered nothing as an attacking threat. Made it hard for ourselves again!

Reid seemed to be doing plenty of standing still and watching

Why do we put everyone in the box from corners. Keep 2 or 3 out the box and up the pitch and will create space in box and less chance of losing your man in a scrum.

Create space by leaving 2 or 3 unmarked players if we are man marking?

Create space by leaving 2 or 3 unmarked players if we are man marking?

If we leave 3 up front will the other team leave them all unmarked. Every game I watch opposition leave players up the pitch which we have to mark. Whilst we put every single person in the box it becomes a scrum someone loses someone and we concede.

Why do we need a whole team to defend corners,

No getting away from it. Akinfenwa was El-Bads man & he lost him for the goal.

True - Akinfenwa beat him for speed to get to the ball first! ( Akinfenwa has fantastic acceleration - over 2 yards)

This dude completely freaks me out !

I cringe every time he gets the ball as I have no idea what will happen next, and 9/10 times its bad !

Cant knock his heart though he is having a go and looks passionate, but his skill levels really do concern me

Archived