IGNORED

Yesterdays Goals..

Who Are Rovers?

El-ABD lost out to Akinfenwa but who's man was Charlie Lee who had plenty of room to get his shot away ?

According to Cotterill only one player lost his marker for the goal so twas either Adam or the mystery Lee marker.

A little worrying that we had to score two great goals at home to beat a team who played very poorly for 90% of the game...

When's our great run going to start?

I'd say we'd just about deserved our win, mainly due to the first half performance. It is a little worrying our only wins seem to come from scraping past below average teams at home,

I'd say we'd just about deserved our win, mainly due to the first half performance. It is a little worrying our only wins seem to come from scraping past below average teams at home,

I'd say 5 wins, 5 draws and 5 defeats from Cotterill's tenure isn't bad. 2 of those wins have actually come against promotion contenders - Orient and Walsall, so only scraping past below average teams at home isn't really true. How many below average teams had we dropped points against at home earlier in the seson - Colchester, Shrewsbury, Oldham...?

That is literally very average. But, I'm not damning with faint praise, after the last couple of seasons average is GOOD !

Yeah, exactly! I'm not saying it's great, but it's a lot better than under S'OD. I absolutely don't want to start another slanging match about the 2 managers, but I'd say Cotterill's record has given us a fighting chance of staying in the division. If we continue this pattern of results we'll probably just about have enough to stay up.

Hes too busy wrestling his marker and not watching the ball at every set piece. He will give away a penalty between now and the dnd of the season if he carries on. Hes a liability.

Im sure Brighton fans said he always winds up the opposition strikers, but never gets booked or gives away penalties.

I thought Bradley Dack got the equaliser? Didn't Lee come on afterwards?

Besides, that long corner as a good set-piece and worked - players need to stay focussed on their men though, I'd be a lot more annoyed if: the goal came from the original cross or we hadn't won or both, obviously.

El Abd does it every week but he is provoking his man and it always looks like 6 of 1, half a dozen of the other. That said, a penalty will be given against us in the last few games but I also wouldn't be surprised to see an opposition go down to 10 men at some point because of El Abd

According to Cotterill only one player lost his marker for the goal so twas either Adam or the mystery Lee marker.

Yes, El Abd lost his man but the scorer was being picked up by Pearson. What's of more concern was that we had 5 players in the 6 yard box, plus one on the line, all of whom were in a straight line. None of them anticipated the ball being cut back by Fenwa, and they all stood in a straight line and reacted too slow.

It's all well and good marking your man, but you also need to anticipate and make decisions. None of them did this.

That also goes for Bobby Reid, who was stood at the penalty spot not moving. His 'decision' should have been to drop back a couple of yards once he'd seen the other back 6 drop too far. It's about covering for your teammates, whether they've made the right decision themselves or not.

This is why it should be a 'team' game, as you cover your mate. Bobby didn't do that in this instance.

That goal is El Abd's error in the first instance, but 7 others are then culpable of not making a decision.

Ours were two excellent goals, great to see.

Theirs was shoddy defending from us - about 4 or 5 players could and should have charged out to make a block. Bodies on the line and all that Instead they all just looked at each other. Dare I say Louis Carey would have thrown himself in the way or at least tried?

Ah well 3 points is three points but have to defend better...

Archived