IGNORED

Billionaire List Sl No 35

Abraham Romanovich

3 percent of his net worth - not like he's gonna miss it... it's shameful that such a rich man cannot be trusted to bring success to a struggling football club... if he'd spent half of that 40 million on a decent manager and a knowledgable board who knew what they were doing, instead of frittering it away on journeyman players and 2nd rate managers, we wouldn't be where we are now...

He might be a good financier, but he sure as hell has no idea when it comes to running a successful professional football club... we are, I think, the lowest placed team with a billionaire owner... yeah - thanks, Steve!

All that time and money again and some hindsight and we'd be in the Premier League. Probably.

the same it would be if me and you spent thousands of pounds on credit cards and didnt pay it back....

Sorry, I just dont get the love in over the fact he paid off his own debts?

It's nothing like borrowing from a credit card. It was his money in the first place...he lent it to us, not the other way around. He has made mistakes and, so far, covered his own losses.

If seems a fair few of you don't want Lansdown. You have given us a lot of your unwanted players in recent times, can we have SL as well please?

And this is exactly what I mean

Other teams will love a rich owner who supports the club. Why don't we?

(This is when Miahdenny says it was sarcastic and didn't mean it)

You could well be right. I would just love to think we could have spent the lot on day 1 on a very good squad like Blackburn did.

indeed, he could have blown the lot in one season on a good manager and squad.  No  way of knowing if it would have worked.

But the dithering and repeating of the same mistakes is what has really cost us, 40 million and nothing to show for it, is probably mismanagement at its worst!

It's nothing like borrowing from a credit card. It was his money in the first place...he lent it to us, not the other way around. He has made mistakes and, so far, covered his own losses.

he didn't lend it to us, he owns us, how can he lend to himself.  And that is the crux of the matter, he owns us without ever getting any opinion on it, and chucking out financial safeguards in the process.

he has made us an awful going concern because he owns us and has run the club so badly.

messiah my arse, rich man playing at football club ownership with no real concept of how to do it.

I look at it this way, if any other club in England had an unqualified family member of the owner put in effective control of the club, we'd take the piss.

The guy BADLY needs a PR bod to save him from such gems as "Judge me on Tinnion" and "Ashton Vale will happen".

I do think SL has done more good than harm, BUT that particular balance is rapidly shifting.

Archived