IGNORED

Paying Off Duff Managers At City - How Much Did It Cost?

southvillekiddy

Out of interest has anyone out there made a ball-park calculation on how much has been spent, let's say since the heady days of the Play-off Final, to pay off duff managers.

I'd include Johnson in this because although he gave us 4 glorious years he ended up going duff.

So in total how much might we have paid :

Johnson

Millen

Cop-out (did he just walk away without making any financial demands?)

Del

SOD

Any ideas mates?

(You might be able to work out where I am going with this)

Out of interest has anyone out there made a ball-park calculation on how much has been spent, let's say since the heady days of the Play-off Final, to pay off duff managers.

I'd include Johnson in this because although he gave us 4 glorious years he ended up going duff.

Johnson

Millen

Del

SOD

Any ideas mates?

To hell in a handcart !

Johnson

Millen

Del

SOD

Any ideas mates?

Ashton Vale to walk your ice skating rubbishtipping dog ?

Ashton Vale to walk your ice skating rubbishtipping dog ?

You calling me a nimby, green welly, barber-coated, scarf on the point of the chin, Whenger mate?

Step outside and my butler will sort you out with a duelling assignation

Naw but seriously folks how much in paying off duff managers - 4 of 'em, half a mill a year each? times 2 or 3 years? (Can't remember all the contract details)

5 million+ quid?

Some of these managers would be insulted by calling 'duff', what's been duff is the way our club hasn't given any of them long enough to prove what they can do. Virtually all of them have gone on to be successful elsewhere - other than I have to agree with you about Cop-out.

Some of these managers would be insulted by calling 'duff', what's been duff is the way our club hasn't given any of them long enough to prove what they can do. Virtually all of them have gone on to be successful elsewhere - other than I have to agree with you about Cop-out.

I agree with your qualification. The duffness is somehow built into the set-up or lack of it at our Club. Why oh why is it like this with all we should have going for it based in a major British City.

Eg. It's truly alarming when we are told by our 5 pillars geniuses that we pre-SOD we didn't have a proper scouting system in place to find talented youngsters 

Depends if we have learnt from our mistakes, I do not believe the club has.

We cannot assume that an Alan Dicks type brilliant manager will turn by accident again. In modern times we should be able to plan that situation rather than wasting millions (10s of ?) on second and third rate people who cannot attract, develop and improve people that can play football as a team.

One things for sure it will take an iconoclast to shake up our Club. I truly hope the Club have the guts to appoint someone like that in the not too near future.

The giant isn't just sleeping, he's comatose at present.

Depends if we have learnt from our mistakes, I do not believe the club has.

I see your point but I believe that the majority of fans were very happy with the appointments of GJ, Del & SOD at the time.

Most of us were coming in our Y Fronts over Cop Out.   Really only Millen was the exception.

Seems we got it wrong as well

I sort of agree with you. I don't think I'd necessarily call any of the mentioned bosses "duff" - yes, even the last one.

The main thing I think about most of the appointments, were that they were mistimed for the individuals concerned - wrong club, wrong set of problems at the wrong time.

Take McInnes. Obviously a highly successful manager in the SPL. Probably should make his move south of the Border after Aberdeen, when he has more contacts, more experience. Few can doubt he was an intelligent bloke, who could have made a very good manager - but his being wedded to the idea of playing whatever Scots wanted to follow him Bristolwards meant most of us were glad when he was sacked.

Were we to be managed a second time by a middle-aged McInnes I'd be unworried. But of course, his Scottish success means he'd probably go to a biger name - and I'm sure he has it within him to succede.

I've no idea how much we're paying to previous managers. Less than some clubs I could name, i'll warrant, but I'm sure one of those spookily ITK posters will be able to state a figure down to the last penny.

Archived