IGNORED

Hello, I'm New To The Forum!

Ralphy_STFC

I fancy Oldham to be up there.

Not too worried about any of the teams that came down from Div 1 and if anyone is going to do anything from the teams promoted from Div 3, it's got to be Hull.

Apart from that, I expect us to be up there and if you can keep hold Parkin and Mooney, you should be in with a shout.

As for you having some bottle, don't understand why you must have some, your probably sat in your house, unlikely to come to any harm there are you :(

That's my biggest concern, can we keep Parkin. Mooney has yet to sign a new contract too. Parkin has a year remaining on his but with a minimum fee release clause.

I think your be right up there mainly because of your forward line, i highly rate Roberts.

I think your be right up there mainly because of your forward line, i highly rate Roberts.

Our forward line is the reason we didn't get promoted last year. If we would of had Parkin and Mooney we would have walked the league.

That's my biggest concern, can we keep Parkin. Mooney has yet to sign a new contract too. Parkin has a year remaining on his but with a minimum fee release clause.

Whats Parkin's release clause price??

At the moment our forward line is probably our weakest link, that's why we failed to gain promotion, didn't hit the net enough.

Peacock is out of contract for us, he's being offered a new deal but I'm not expecting him to sign it!!

We have a young lad from Liverpool, Steven Gillespie, who hit 7 goals in 3 trial games at the end of the season and he was the top scorer in all football at Liverpool football club (youth and reserve games), so hopefully he will boost our chances for next season.

Parkin's release fee is £300,000 i believe, not much for a 20 goals a season man.

We need a good strong centre back for next season, Jeral Ifil from Watford is Andy King's target.

Unfortunately, I don't think we could afford £300k but your right, it does seem very cheap.

As for Jeral Ifil, he's just turned down a move to Wycombe!!

Maybe Roberts and Peacock haven't been so prolific as our forwards but i think they have an all round better game.
I'll tell you what we'll swap peacock for parkin. Its a good deal for both clubs :( What do you say??

Were trying to get mcphee from port vale then we really would have a good forward line , i agree with you about roberts , i think he's under rated , if he had played all last season up front he would have got 20 + goals.

Wycombe offered £75,000 for Ifil but he refused to drop from div 1 to div 3. He has said he is interested in a move to us but we haven't got £75,000!

Roberts should have started every game for you i agree, he looked dangerous at the County Ground back in April.

What's your prediction for the top six next season then?

I reckon..

1) Bristol City

2) Swindon (if we keep Parkin and Mooney)

3) Hull

4) Oldham

5) Tranmere

6) Huddersfield

I don't think you'll be far off with that prediction but then a bit could come down to what money everyone has.

You say you can't afford £75,000 for Ifil, we couldn't afford much (if anything), Oldham are'nt exactly rolling in it, Huddersfield are in administration or have just come out of it (like Oldham), Tranmere have never been in a healthey position and that leaves Hull who don't seem to much to worry about on the cash front.

My point being, is those teams that have been mentioned are doing and playing well at about christmas time, it will draw attention to the better players from a higher divisioned team and will any of us be in a position to refuse a half decent offer??

That could then rip the heart out of any of those teams.

How much did you pay for Scott Murray?
No-one really knows, Reading still owed us some installments that took Murray to Reading, so I would doubt we really coughed up any hard earned cash, just waived what was owed to us.

Can't understand how he never got in at Reading?? Quality player.
He scored 5 goals in 13 starts for them , but under pardew he was in the team much more. When coppel took over he didnt get into the team as much , even though he scored a couple of vital goals for them.

don't think mooney's going to sign . i saw jeral ifil play for you against luton at the county ground. looked useful. game finished 2-2. you should have been 3 up at halftime. i believe it might also have been milner's last game before he went back to leeds. definate class. stef migli..... also looked good, as did brian howard against tranmere, my other "neutral" game at the county ground. you should be watching decent footy next season.

see you in the swiss chalet before next seasons game! i'll be in there with mates from work, before joining up with my fellow s##theads!

Guest FROMECIDARHEADS

YOU HAVE SUM NERVE JOINING OUR CITY FORUM MATE, I BET YOU WISH your TEAM WAS AS STRONG AND AS GOOD AS OURS. FROME CIDAR HEADS SAY " CITY TILL WE DIE "

Archived