IGNORED

Coloured Boots

Major Isewater

Marketing gimmick, personally can't stand them.  I am quite confident my children will dislike them as well and as long as I am buying their boots they will only ever wear black boots.

They will also never own a snood, an Alice Band or do silly dances IF they ever score a goal.

Marketing gimmick, personally can't stand them. I am quite confident my children will dislike them as well and as long as I am buying their boots they will only ever wear black boots.

They will also never own a snood, an Alice Band or do silly dances IF they ever score a goal.

Good man ,may your loins be ever fruitful .

Now everybody seems to have them, seeing a black pair of boots is a real novelty now!

In view of another thread currently running I am not sure that is politically correct terminology to be using

Just not right (but left as well )

All these guys just poncing around the pitch in their airy fairy coloured boots,i can't describe why but it just does n't feel "right" somehow .

Not sure that helps you Tone ?

I do see your point.  My problem is with those who also wear bicycle shorts under their kit to keep their little legs warm I suppose.

The margins of error in the professional game can be so narrow a player should do whatever it takes (without breaching the rules) to maximise his game.

If that means a player feels more confident/relaxed/comfortable in a pair of coloured boots, or gloves or undershorts, so be it.

You only need to look at the lengths clubs like Southampton take in the background (including deep cleaning every single hotel room a player stays in during away travel before they arrive, taking their own personalised mattress on away travel, having a training ground that boasts different pitches that match the surfaces of nearly all their different Premier league opponents), to see how vital the accumulation of all these 'small gains' are valued.

Blood starting to boil and don 't even start talking balls ;0)

Not even allowed to mention those pinky / orange coloured ones ?  Ok, my mouth is closed.

Gloves is another one for me. I always thought the idea was to run around to keep warm.

The margins of error in the professional game can be so narrow a player should do whatever it takes (without breaching the rules) to maximise his game.

If that means a player feels more confident/relaxed/comfortable in a pair of coloured boots, or gloves or undershorts, so be it.

You only need to look at the lengths clubs like Southampton take in the background (including deep cleaning every single hotel room a player stays in during away travel before they arrive, taking their own personalised mattress on away travel, having a training ground that boasts different pitches that match the surfaces of nearly all their different Premier league opponents), to see how vital the accumulation of all these 'small gains' are valued.

Over pampered big girl's blouses (sorry Tone ,no photos ) and where has it got them ?

Not even allowed to mention those pinky / orange coloured ones ? Ok, my mouth is closed.

Gloves is another one for me. I always thought the idea was to run around to keep warm.[/quote

They'll soon be wearing cardigans ,you mark my words.(the players that is )

The game's going to the dogs .

You only need to look at the lengths clubs like Southampton take in the background (including deep cleaning every single hotel room a player stays in during away travel before they arrive, taking their own personalised mattress on away travel, having a training ground that boasts different pitches that match the surfaces of nearly all their different Premier league opponents), to see how vital the accumulation of all these 'small gains' are valued.

You can just see Gerry Gow, Norman Hunter, Chopper Harris, Tommy Smith etc arriving with their mattresses. What has our game turned in to ?

And fluffy earmuffs.

Just thinking though if Health & Safety had it's way you would have to wear a hard hat in case you head the ball. Earplugs to protect from crowd noise. Safety googles in case a piece of dirt should go in your eye. Steel capped boots in case you hurt your toe on the big hard ballywally. All strips would also need to be Hi Viz. Actually you can visualise the whole team coming out in a suit of coloured armour

I do see your point.  My problem is with those who also wear bicycle shorts under their kit to keep their little legs warm I suppose.

Id imagine they are worn for comfort rather than keeping warm, at least that's why I wear mine.

I agree about boots, I think you have to be a very good player to wear bright boots (and prepared to take a kicking). However, its quite hard to buy decent boots in all black without some colour on them. Thankfully adidas and nike released a "black out" range of most of their boots

What about those numpties who wear gloves and short-sleeved shirts?  WTF is that about? 

I would drop any player who wanted to wear gloves on the grounds that he clearly didn't intend to do any running about

What about those numpties who wear gloves and short-sleeved shirts?  WTF is that about? 

I would drop any player who wanted to wear gloves on the grounds that he clearly didn't intend to do any running about

Teams usually insist on all wearing long or short sleeve. I wouldn't imagine many players who wear gloves would choose to wear short sleeves.

For example at Arsenal, the captain decides short or long and the whole team must wear the same

Archived