IGNORED

Players Stopping The Game

TNBT

Just watching the Arsenal Vs Everton game & Everton kick it out as Arteta was down crying cause his boot was coming off from what I could tell (Obviously struggles doing his laces) the ref was happy to let play continue so wait til he stops play, really does my head in players doing this as we all know they took drama at college for the acting.

What's other peoples view on this??

Just watching the Arsenal Vs Everton game & Everton kick it out as Arteta was down crying cause his boot was coming off from what I could tell (Obviously struggles doing his laces) the ref was happy to let play continue so wait til he stops play, really does my head in players doing this as we all know they took drama at college for the acting.

What's other peoples view on this??

it's cheating and it's a wrongful use of an unofficial convention meant for head injuries, it's another prawn sandwich in the picnic of modern day football.

It would be easily stopped if red cards was issued everytime, really grates me that it's still going on.

The problem is a vast majority of players and managers have absolutely no morals whatsoever, I always smile when players come on and either cross themselves or offer up a prayer and then at the first opportunity try to get a fellow pro sent off or gain a penalty from a dive.

My gripe is when a defender loses the ball to a fair challenge, he will feign injury to try to cover up his mistake.

And what's all this "respect" nonsense about, players line up before the game to shake hands then as soon as the game starts try to get each other sent off.

My gripe is when a defender loses the ball to a fair challenge, he will feign injury to try to cover up his mistake.

And what's all this "respect" nonsense about, players line up before the game to shake hands then as soon as the game starts try to get each other sent off.

It's called hypocrisy. It's very popular these days :(

It would be easily stopped if red cards was issued everytime, really grates me that it's still going on.

Issue a red for what? Have you seen the incident. Whilst I think Arteta made a bit of a meal of it he was caught late, his boot didn't just fall off by its own accord!

Or do what they do in Rugby, if a player is injured the physio comes on as the game continues. Probably why rugby players try for 80 minutes pretending they ain't hurt whilst footballers now play 90 minutes pretending to be hurt.

It works in rugby because play doesn't tend to shift from one end of the pitch to the other within seconds. In football they'd end up getting in the way or if its a defeder could be left playing someone onside.

I think if a player decides e needs treatment and the ref thinks he's pulling a fast one he should tell him to leave the pitch

Also, sometimes a tackle can cause great pain on impact and then be just that, an impact injury. It is possible for a player to be in agony at the time then be up and running about a minute later. Really grates on me when people criticise players when that happens, probably never played the game

It works in rugby because play doesn't tend to shift from one end of the pitch to the other within seconds. In football they'd end up getting in the way or if its a defeder could be left playing someone onside.

I think if a player decides e needs treatment and the ref thinks he's pulling a fast one he should tell him to leave the pitch

Also, sometimes a tackle can cause great pain on impact and then be just that, an impact injury. It is possible for a player to be in agony at the time then be up and running about a minute later. Really grates on me when people criticise players when that happens, probably never played the game

Let the game continue with the trainers on. That will speed up the healing process.

Another lesson from Rugby.

I think I've mentioned my pet hate on here before but no apologies for banging my drum once more.

Defender kicks a lump out of an opposing striker, committing a foul in the process and injuring the striker. Trainer comes onto the pitch to tend to the injured player who then is forced to leave the field, only being allowed back onto the field of play once the game has restarted.

The attacking team now has a numerical disadvantage when the freekick is taken and has lost a key weapon in an attacking position whilst the transgressors have a spare man to defend the situation they've created. It's completely unfair!

Let's stop the nonsense of injured players who receive treatment being forced to leave the field. It's a dumb rule.

Archived