IGNORED

Statistics - Post Shrews

Dynamite Red

Things were starting to look better

You don't know who we could've signed in Jan

We could've gone on a run like sheff utd and ended up near the play offs

I know that is unlikely but my point is you can't compare 2 managers Future possibilities as anything can happen

Extrapolation is used in comparison all the time. No you can't be sure but you can have an educated guess, which is more than is being used by these fantasists proclaiming the big turnaround was just around the corner. Things weren't looking as much better as has been made out, by any stretch, and certainly not as much better as they do now. I can compare like for like - SOD's own players did worse for him in League 1 than they have done for a new manager. Can't argue with that.

SC is one league win away from equalling the 7 he managed, already.

He was with us for 18 league games this season, we got 15 points. From SC's 17, we've got 23.

We were 2nd bottom when he left, we're now 17th.

I could go on.

SC's record is actually better than that, as Pemberton was in charge for one defeat this season.

Cotterill's record is won 6, drawn 5, lost 5 (plus he's had to play the top three away in those games).

O'Driscoll's record was won 2, drew 9, lost 7.

No matter how the apologists dress it up there is no comparison at all.

SC's record is actually better than that, as Pemberton was in charge for one defeat this season.

Cotterill's record is won 6, drawn 5, lost 5 (plus he's had to play the top three away in those games).

O'Driscoll's record was won 2, drew 9, lost 7.

No matter how the apologists dress it up there is no comparison at all.

You're right, I've done him a disservice.

So we're in a good vein of form at the moment. The problem is, there aren't enough of them.

The team is too inconsistent - the most damning statistics is that we have TWO, count 'em, TWO clean sheets in the league ALL SEASON! That single statistic is the biggest threat to our survival in this league and, until we start keeping clean sheets, I still think we'll be in the mix for relegation in May.

This every time.

If we want to win we need at least 2 goals. That's a lot of default pressure for the team having to carry a bunch of donkeys at the back.

Watching the replays yesterday our team stood out by a mile from every other game as being useless.

Position, effort, chasing - all absent. Their second goal could even be investigated by the betting police.

Thing is sod was given the pillar strategy as in young cheap players short contracts. Where as sc gets do what you want but keep us up. Which I can see why the board did this as we couldnt afford to go down but I dont think you can compare both mangers in the same context .

Thing is sod was given the pillar strategy as in young cheap players short contracts. Where as sc gets do what you want but keep us up. Which I can see why the board did this as we couldnt afford to go down but I dont think you can compare both mangers in the same context .

We've signed one 29 year old (admittedly on a questionable contract) and a 35 year old on loan. The squad is still a mix... Bobby or Joe start pretty much every game, Burns is getting far more of a look in. We haven't suddenly reverted to type.

We've signed one 29 year old (admittedly on a questionable contract) and a 35 year old on loan. The squad is still a mix... Bobby or Joe start pretty much every game, Burns is getting far more of a look in. We haven't suddenly reverted to type.

maybe I hadn't meant the players he has signed but I believe Sod had a lot more to take on starting the pillar process . I don't dislike sc and neither do I think sod is some messiah . But if sod is brought up on here I don't believe you can compare managers equally .

It shall be interesting what sort of players sc brings in the summer , fingers crossed we stay up .

maybe I hadn't meant the players he has signed but I believe Sod had a lot more to take on starting the pillar process . I don't dislike sc and neither do I think sod is some messiah . But if sod is brought up on here I don't believe you can compare managers equally .

It shall be interesting what sort of players sc brings in the summer , fingers crossed we stay up .

It says a lot however that SC is far more successful with SOD's players than the man who signed them was.

I still don't understand the love in for SOD, a total disaster on all fronts "stupid question" especially springs to mind

Just like I don't understand for the love in for GJ... did a fantastic job short term but long term was a disaster no matter how he is painted.

Fans just have their own opinions on different managers.

I still don't understand the love in for SOD, a total disaster on all fronts "stupid question" especially springs to mind

This exactly. His team's results were abysmal, the perfomances were abject, we went down from the championship with a wimper and we would of done in league 1 as well. Cotteril's record since taking over is LIGHTYEARS ahead of anything sod would have achieved. Anyone who argues otherwise this must be on could cuckoo land.

Just like I don't understand for the love in for GJ... did a fantastic job short term but long term was a disaster no matter how he is painted.

Fans just have their own opinions on different managers.

GJ the man who got us 1 game away from the premier league, our highest league finish in god knows how many years and you don't understand the love in? I agree it was time to go when he did but the man did wonders for us.

This exactly. His team's results were abysmal, the perfomances were abject, we went down from the championship with a wimper and we would of done in league 1 as well. Cotteril's record since taking over is LIGHTYEARS ahead of anything sod would have achieved. Anyone who argues otherwise this must be on could cuckoo land.

GJ the man who got us 1 game away from the premier league, our highest league finish in god knows how many years and you don't understand the love in? I agree it was time to go when he did but the man did wonders for us.

No I don't because ultimately he started the decline of this club, definitely contributed in the downfall.

If you had read what I wrote I said fantastic job short term but disastrous long term by failing to at least push on and make us a competitive top half Championship side, big contracts for mediocre players, appalling scouting network and not utilising the youth academy.

No I don't because ultimately he started the decline of this club, definitely contributed in the downfall.

If you had read what I wrote I said fantastic job short term but disastrous long term by failing to at least push on and make us a competitive top half Championship side, big contracts for mediocre players, appalling scouting network and not utilising the youth academy.

We finished 4th, 10th and 10th under GJ in The Championship.

Struggling to see how he didn't make us a "competitive top half Championship side" on that evidence.

We all have opinions on past managers, Fred Ford was the first manager I came across, and our present manager. So I have seen a few SOD must be the worst even Bennie L was more interesting

Pulis for me, simply didn't care a jot about the club.

At least Benny L was prepared to stamp out the lad culture and bring in how to run the club regarding on field matters properly. Should've stuck with him for my money.. City were so ill prepared that season that we were doomed from the off.

We finished 10th in the last season under Millen not GJ.

We were 15th when GJ was dismissed (and with nine games to go already had more points than the sides who went down) he was still by a huge margin the best City manager since Alan Dicks for me.

We were 15th when GJ was dismissed (and with nine games to go already had more points than the sides who went down) he was still by a huge margin the best City manager since Alan Dicks for me.

He also picked up 18 points out of a possible 69, for me we were on the decline no question.. the football was rubbish, he lost the dressing room and simply had to go.

Millen picked up the same amount of points in the last 9 games.

Just like I don't understand for the love in for GJ... did a fantastic job short term but long term was a disaster no matter how he is painted.If 

If we finish 9th, 2nd, get promoted and finish 4th and 10th in our next four seasons I'll probably stop short of calling it a disaster.

If we finish 9th, 2nd, get promoted and finish 4th, 10th in our next four seasons I'll probably stop short of calling it a disaster.

Not really as described above.. long term even beyond GJs tenure, the remnants were still around.

It was a good time under GJ initially and it was an enjoyable time with a good buzz but it soured, he should've gone a few months before as the football was terrible. We were still in some danger of going down that season as the momentum was gone, lucky we picked up enough points at the start of the season to see us through.

But hey lets crucify me for not being apart of the Johnson love-in ;)

Not really as described above.. long term even beyond GJs tenure, the remnants were still around.

It was a good time under GJ initially and it was an enjoyable time with a good buzz but it soured, he should've gone a few months before as the football was terrible. We were still in some danger of going down that season as the momentum was gone, lucky we picked up enough points at the start of the season to see us through.

But hey lets crucify me for not being apart of the Johnson love-in ;)

You called it short term. Of the five years he was here he did well in 4 of them, unbelievably well in one. As you say, he should have gone "a few months" sooner. The problem was short term, not the success.

Archived