IGNORED

Thank You !

ted

Just wanted to say a massive thank you to David Lloyd and Kay McGinty, who, after hearing about my son Ben being knocked over by a car on the way to the Coventry game came to our assistance !!

Ben, although he had been a season ticket holder for 4 years (he is 11 years old) and didn't sustain any serious injuries from being knocked over, was very hesitant to go back to watch Bristol City again, no matter how we coaxed him, he wasn't having any of it, and I am not ashamed to say I was gutted !   David Lloyd heard of our situation and immediately offered for Ben to be the Clubs mascot and lead the team out onto the pitch at one of City's home matches.  Now, Ben was not up for this, he was too shy and wouldn't want to be the centre of attention, so David Lloyd suggested that he upgrade our ticket for the Gillingham match to Premier seating !!  It was fabulous, knowing that he would have a quieter introduction to football again, Ben was up for it, and we had a fabulous time, and, he is now back in the fold !!

I can't thank you all enough for restoring my father and son time with my boy, Thank you

Just wanted to say a massive thank you to David Lloyd and Kay McGinty, who, after hearing about my son Ben being knocked over by a car on the way to the Coventry game came to our assistance !!

Ben, although he had been a season ticket holder for 4 years (he is 11 years old) and didn't sustain any serious injuries from being knocked over, was very hesitant to go back to watch Bristol City again, no matter how we coaxed him, he wasn't having any of it, and I am not ashamed to say I was gutted !   David Lloyd heard of our situation and immediately offered for Ben to be the Clubs mascot and lead the team out onto the pitch at one of City's home matches.  Now, Ben was not up for this, he was too shy and wouldn't want to be the centre of attention, so David Lloyd suggested that he upgrade our ticket for the Gillingham match to Premier seating !!  It was fabulous, knowing that he would have a quieter introduction to football again, Ben was up for it, and we had a fabulous time, and, he is now back in the fold !!

I can't thank you all enough for restoring my father and son time with my boy, Thank you

I would expect nothing less !

Not because its what he should do, but because its the sort of person DL is, if he see's an issue he tries to figure it out and create a happy conclusion , quite why so many on here think he owns the club and can sanction what ever the fans want  is beyond me...

He has clearly been reading on here about Ben's issue and has acted on it, no prompting just plain old "let me see if i can help"

Well done DL

Cheers

Mark

A fine gesture by the club and great work by Dave Lloyd and Kay McGinty, welcome back Ben. These are the things that make me proud to be a City supporter and not the pathetic hoolie nostalgia guff, to which this is an antidote.

As Eco says, this could go on to be a ST record.

This is a brilliant story all round, most importantly your son Ted shows maturity far beyond his 11 years and i'm sure you are rightly proud of him, the club has done it's bit by not going against your sons wishes by making him the centre of attention and it has ended with the best ever outcome a father and son back together in a shared passion. 

All the best for the future to both of you.

DL is just as much a club legend as many footballing legends if you ask me.

The little things he does make me proud to be a ST holder, and I'm glad i bought him that pint in the premier lounge after a lovely v-day with my partner in 2012.

He deserves one from every city fan in my opinion.

Great work as usual DL

Ben, although he had been a season ticket holder for 4 years (he is 11 years old) and didn't sustain any serious injuries from being knocked over, was very hesitant to go back to watch Bristol City again, no matter how we coaxed him, he wasn't having any of it, and I am not ashamed to say I was gutted ! David Lloyd heard of our situation and immediately offered for Ben to be the Clubs mascot and lead the team out onto the pitch at one of City's home matches. Now, Ben was not up for this, he was too shy and wouldn't want to be the centre of attention, so David Lloyd suggested that he upgrade our ticket for the Gillingham match to Premier seating !! It was fabulous, knowing that he would have a quieter introduction to football again, Ben was up for it, and we had a fabulous time, and, he is now back in the fold !!

Great news! Glad to hear that Ben is on the mend and has got his confidence back!

Top stuff from DL as well. I emailed him the other day about something that was nothing to do with him, yet he still got back to me and took time to offer advice.

Well done all involved.

I'm glad i bought him that pint in the premier lounge after a lovely v-day with my partner in 2012.

He deserves one from every city fan in my opinion.

I agree. Quite possibly the best post ever on otib ;-)

We have some top staff behind the scenes at AG. Kay's Supporter Services team work tirelessly to respond to incidents like this and go the extra mile whenever we can.  A lot of their good work goes on under the radar, and we tend not to shout too much about it. 

But it's great to get feedback like this and we're all really pleased that Ben is OK and  back at the Gate.

Archived