IGNORED

Banker Home Win?

old_eastender

With Posh's scoring record and our defensive record, got to be a banker home win. This is almost a 'nothing to lose' game for us, not expecting anything, so anything gained will be a big plus.

I know people will point to our win at Orient, but they ain't the free-scoring unit that Posh are. I'm expecting 4-2 Posh win, come on City prove me wrong please!

With Posh's scoring record and our defensive record, got to be a banker home win. This is almost a 'nothing to lose' game for us, not expecting anything, so anything gained will be a big plus.

I know people will point to our win at Orient, but they ain't the free-scoring unit that Posh are. I'm expecting 4-2 Posh win, come on City prove me wrong please!

Orient are the divisions TOP scorers and have scored 13 goals more than Posh, so I've no idea where you've created this pre match assessment from...?!

With Posh's scoring record and our defensive record, got to be a banker home win. This is almost a 'nothing to lose' game for us, not expecting anything, so anything gained will be a

big plus.

I know people will point to our win at Orient, but

they ain't the free-scoring unit that Posh are. I'm

expecting 4-2 Posh win, come on City prove me

wrong please!

I think the 'nothing to lose' approach is our best option, seeing as the defence still has moments of fragility. I can't recall which thread or who posted it, but similarities to Liverpool were raised, in terms of focusing on attacking play to counter defensive frailties and with two of the leagues top three scorers in our team, this would appear the way forward (pun not intended). In fact, I think we have some of the best attacking play, style and potency in this league and should be emphasising this positive and putting more pressure on the opposition, giving them something to think about, rather than allowing teams to put us on the back foot.

Won't write us off just yet, but Posh won 4-2 at home Saturday, and that sometimes in football terms can be a good vibe for us, mind you we

won too, so a 2-2 draw.?

And beating Swindon Down on Saturday would

be a good week.

Four points would be a good week. Late kick off all agreed that, despite the league table, we are looking the most likely for three points at the weekend.

Tonight to me is about El-Abd he has to start showing what Cotts sees in him.

Posh will run at him because he is slow and a weak link. He will be lucky if he is not sent off with these stupid tug backs and other little ways he fouls to make up for lack of pace. Could be a blessing if he is given red, and they miss the penalty. But i would go for a draw if we take the game to them.

A point would be an excellent result for me tonight, for me.

And the point about both us and Peterborough being decent in front of goal, but not being that great at the back is reflected by their goal difference still being single digits.  +9 is still very good, but if you look back to the start of Feb, it is only +1.

They are missing one of their regular midfielders in Danny Swanson too, which might make up for the likely loss of Flint.

With Posh's scoring record and our defensive record, got to be a banker home win. This is almost a 'nothing to lose' game for us, not expecting anything, so anything gained will be a big plus.

They are something of a bogey side for us and i would take a point right now without any hesitation.we do seem in the main to have found a little inner-strength and you never know,but if I was gona stick a tenner on correct score it would be 3-1 to them.

Posh will run at him because he is slow and a weak link. He will be lucky if he is not sent off with these stupid tug backs and other little ways he fouls to make up for lack of pace. Could be a blessing if he is given red, and they miss the penalty. But i would go for a draw if we take the game to them.

Up against Assombalonga.

absolutely spot on - SC needs to stop playing him just because he signed him. The bloke must have class (somewhere), but in our position, it's not the time to try to find it - Osbourne in that position there for me!

I think the 'nothing to lose' approach is our best option, seeing as the defence still has moments of fragility. I can't recall which thread or who posted it, but similarities to Liverpool were raised, in terms of focusing on attacking play to counter defensive frailties and with two of the leagues top three scorers in our team, this would appear the way forward (pun not intended). In fact, I think we have some of the best attacking play, style and potency in this league and should be emphasising this positive and putting more pressure on the opposition, giving them something to think about, rather than allowing teams to put us on the back foot.

I think you're misinformed re: the 2 out of 3 top scorers

Peterborough United boss Darren Ferguson told BBC Radio Cambridgeshire:

"Bristol City have got a very good squad when you look at it on paper.

"They've picked up a bit now.

"Their position just goes to show what a hard league it is. Everyone automatically thinks that the teams that get relegated will be there challenging again.

"Perhaps it doesn't put us in such a bad light in terms of we've never been out of the top six all season and they've struggled and changed managers.

"But in a one-off game they are capable of giving anyone a game."

Back-handed compliment much? I hate him.

I don't why everyone has it in for El Abd. I thought he was a tower of strength on Saturday winning high balls repeatedly. Yes, he is a spoiler, yes he pulls the occasional shirt, but if they can get away with it, and he does generally, isn't that what centre backs are supposed to do?

I think you're misinformed re: the 2 out of 3 top scorers

Correction. Two out of five top scorers (all competitions). Still impressive for a team fighting relegation. Yet, according to some of our fan-base, we should get rid. Now that's misinformed.

Assombalonga (Peterborough United) - 23

Garner (Preston North End) - 20

Baldock - 18

Emmanuel-Thomas - 18

Lowe (Tranmere Rovers) - 18

I'm seeing at as this

If City lose, no matter how we play (eg. Sheff Utd) It will be because the opposition are better and we can bounce back as proved in our last two games

No one expects anything so I won't be too downhearted to see us with the same amount of points come 9:30. But a win will give a huge buzz around the club 3 game winning streak is a miracle in recent years!!!

Say no more!! The man is a PAIN and is not right to wear the colors of City

Archived