IGNORED

Chris Powell Sacked At Charlton!

myol'man

It was that FA Cup quarter final that did for him.

Not going great in the league, but had they pulled off a semi final place, I think he'd have been given more time.

Shame really, as he did alright there.  Reckon he'll be back in charge somewhere soon.

Oh christ, Sol currently adding an extra chapter to his book...

I love the fact as soon as I clicked on the article he was there!

If we go by the demographics of England/Wales (and assuming that everything is, unrealistically, equal) then 3% of football managers would be black and 7% Asian. Just saying.

If we go by the demographics of England/Wales (and assuming that everything is, unrealistically, equal) then 3% of football managers would be black and 7% Asian. Just saying.

That's interesting, I would like to know the demographic of UK professional footballers, wonder what % of them would be asian?

Extending this point, black participation is significantly higher than the % they make up of the national demographic in sport at elite level and in terms of playing.

I think it's apparent that many are getting tired of what has become known to be the race card but just to play devil's advocate it would be more accurate to say that  there is a barrier to young white players reaching the elite level of football in England than to say that there is a barrier to black footballers becoming managers.

Also, feel like it needs pointing out that the way in which the media covers some of these issues (e.g basically advertising Sol's book, the league of black lawyers, Garth Crook's ludicrously misleading opinions) actually stir up the problem, rather than solve it. 

Archived