IGNORED

Pearson

ciderbeans

Get rid.

The only reason his form has improved is because he is playing for a contract. As soon as he signs he'd go back to his woeful worst.

he wasn't woeful always provided assist and scored goals from midfiled more then Kilkenny, Skuse, Morris did

Pearson more useful than Skuse. Christ alive.

Maybe he's playing better though because we're in a lower league?

Skuse scored 9 goals in 279 games. Sitting midfielder or not it's not a great record.

Pearson gets a rough deal as I've said recently. He put in some sterling performances to keep us in the championship, although was part of a weak midfield last year. Scored a corker of a goal away at Birmingham, when he's having a good day he's a capable championship midfielder, problem is those good days are too far and few between. Personally I wouldn't keep him due to his age, and im of the idea that we should move out most of the 'old' squad from last season. (Bar greg, Maloney, baldock and the young uns etc)

As good as he might be for us until now and the season ends, I think it is best of all parties if he moves on.

He's likely a relatively expensive member of the squad, due to his age and experience, and I can't imagine he'd be guaranteed first team football next year, something likely a factor in his decision making.

I think he's been useful for us, albeit during a period of rapid decline, and though I don't think he's 'past it', I'd be more predisposed to give time to younger players who play in the same position going forward into the future, like Kelly.

Can see him going back up to Scotland and, similar to the likes of Kris Boyd and others, having a longer and more successful career in the leagues up there, rather than becoming a lower league journey man in England.

Could actually see him going to Aberdeen next year, as Del clearly liked him and will be able to offer European football to him next term, most likely.

Pearson more useful than Skuse. Christ alive.

Maybe he's playing better though because we're in a lower league?

in terms of goal scoring and creating chances yes he is,

he gets a bum deal on here and seems to be another in a long line of scapegoats,

I say keep. Get Gillett in and say sorry to Wade Elliott although impressive in recent games he is too old to be signing

CM next season hopefully

Elliott (Marv)

Gillett

Pack

Reid

Kelly

Pearson

With Reid an option out wide as well as Pearson

I think it's time to let Marv go.

On what basis is it time to let Marv go? He is the only one in the team sticking his head above the parapet of the front two and scoring. A true asset if ever there was one and a very valuable squad player for another season after this without a shred of doubt in my mind.

On what basis is it time to let Marv go? He is the only one in the team sticking his head above the parapet of the front two and scoring. A true asset if ever there was one and a very valuable squad player for another season after this without a shred of doubt in my mind.

His physical condition will be a massive factor in whether he's retained, plus his wages.

I agree, prior to his injury he was certainly one of the most committed looking players in the team, but we need to look forward and consider how effective next year for what he will cost us.  

It's brutal, but a consequence of the scenario we find ourselves in, unfortunately.

Archived