IGNORED

Showing We Have The Fight!

MarcusX

A lot of people questioned on here whether we had the fight for a relegation battle. Last year we went down far too easily however from what iv seen tonight we've got the fight in us.

First half... We dominated. Only shot boro had they scored. a glancing header from a corner, that to be fair, whoever was on the line should have blocked. They seemed to duck!

Had it not been for the red (which I didn't see so will reserve judgement) then we may have cruised to victory, or at least a 3/4 goal lead by half time. Waggy should have put us 3 up just before they scored but weaker foot and straight at the keeper.

Second half was always going to be one sided. We defended excellently. Osbourne clear cut man of the match. Nothing went past him! I felt baldocl struggled a little to track runners and let his man turn him inside out several times. The change to take JET off was a long time coming, unfortunately once it became a dog fight and he was left up top alone he was never gonna be effective.

Boro didn't have a lot of chances despite their possession, but the last 10 minutes when they started to get shots off fielding was on fine form.

Fielding deserves a special mention. He came for many crosses, he made 3 excellent point blank saves. He pushed the ref to the very limit with time wasting, but did it wisely. Tonight he was a the man iv seen in an England shirt and the man I thought we were signing in the summer!

Defence looked solid before AND after the red card. El Abd had a good start, no idea hat happened but seems from Ferhusons speech they had targeted his aggression. Maloney and Osbourne in particular had blinders, del and Greg I don't were un-remarkable (in a good way) never put a foot wrong and just solid.

Midfield ran their socks off. Not much "playing" they could do. Wade Elliot I think for the goal did very well to beat the keeper and pull it back. Complete shift from all three.

I remember our survival season in the championship when we beat Forest away over Easter. That was the game when I think we realised we were up for the fight and we were gonna survive. I think we've just seen this seasons equivalent.

No word of a lie, having got home I was just about to post that it reminded me of the Forest game. Elliot increasing looking the one signing that worked, and thought Gillett was excellent to.

Was actually in the home end with a Boro, Northampton and MKD fan. Three went home very happy. Worth adding JET covered a lot of ground today, and Sammy showed he is no defender, but just the top scorer in the division.

Sending off! Actually thought he was having a pretty decent game. Need to wait to see it, but if it was really for an off the ball, then he was an idiot. Clearly they were trying to wind up our wind up merchant, and if you cannot take it etc etc.

Need to keep some perspective - this is a team now working very hard and grinding out results, and all the credit in the world for doing that. Start of a journey, and three wins does not mean we are a top team in the league by any manner or means yet. Still feels bloody good mind. Sheff Utd feels such a long time ago!

Shout out also to a particularly clueless ref, who made a whole string of confusing decisions. Beat Swindon and the season will not be all bad. Signs of a feel good factor coming back.

The team and the fans there tonight had the fight tonight, especially when it looked like we might crumble under pressure.

Would be nice to think we can transfer that effort to ashton gate. Not sure what some of our more fickle home support would have made of the game after 60 minutes tonight...

Archived