IGNORED

John Ward Made I laugh

Lichfield eastend

As my user name applies I live north of Birmingham and last Saturday made the 40 mile journey west to Shrewsbury, great atmosphere and 3 precious points later I travelled south for a weekend in the Motherland that is Bristol and NE Somerset, and to top up my accent , On monday morning I rushed to the newsagents to grab a copy of the Evil Post & Western Daily Press, to wallow in the glory of celebrating 3 more points , only to be greeted by John Ward stating all over the back pages shouting out that Rovers fans should talk of making the "Play Offs" , I laugh'd all the way back to Lichfield from Peterborough(40miles east this time)after their 2:1 defeat at home, the man is a comedy genius,, has he retracted his statement this morning ??????

As my user name applies I live north of Birmingham and last Saturday made the 40 mile journey west to Shrewsbury, great atmosphere and 3 precious points later I travelled south for a weekend in the Motherland that is Bristol and NE Somerset, and to top up my accent , On monday morning I rushed to the newsagents to grab a copy of the Evil Post & Western Daily Press, to wallow in the glory of celebrating 3 more points , only to be greeted by John Ward stating all over the back pages shouting out that Rovers fans should talk of making the "Play Offs" , I laugh'd all the way back to Lichfield from Peterborough(40miles east this time)after their 2:1 defeat at home, the man is a comedy genius,, has he retracted his statement this morning ??????

Funnily enough in his radio Bristol interview last night, when asked about that particular point, he claimed it was the fans talking about the pray offs and he had never mentioned it.

Funnily enough in his radio Bristol interview last night, when asked about that particular point, he claimed it was the fans talking about the pray offs and he had never mentioned it.

He said the fans deserve to talk about the play offs on Saturday, then last night he said I have never mentioned the play offs :facepalm:

I had the great pleasure of going down the pub last night on a bus full of disgruntled Gasheads to meet a City mate who was as they say, over the moon. Its moments like that, rare as they may be, that make all the pain worthwhile.

even after last night they are only 9 points off and 11 games to play, it looks a really poor league with no outstanding teams. He did something similar with us when we were in this league and a reasonable run of form could see them do it, don't laugh at him yet.......

They are also only 5 points off a relegation spot with Northampton suddenly finding form

And have the worst away record in the football league. I don't think they will go down but play off talk is a little silly.

Saw a workmate on Monday who told me that they are closer in points to the P/Os this year than they were at this time in 2007. I wouldn't write them off, I fancy putting an insurance bet on just in case.

Like I did on Posh last night ;)

Which of his statements has he retracted?

I work with some Gash and one said 'We're only eight points off the play offs, we're going to make a push' he went on to say how he and three others from work went to the game on Saturday. This is the same blokes that in the deep, dark winter weren't going as 'Ward has to go'..... I don't expect any other to be honest!

On pointless tonight, there was a question 'name any football team who play in any of the 4 english divisions' so 92 to shoot at and there was only one pointless answer and that was Dagenham & Redbridge, the team the gash lost to last night.

So basically nobody has heard of them and Rovers lost to them, well it made it me smile.

I understand the point made by the OP and the other posters , but let's look at it from a different perspective. One of the big complaints about SoD was that he was so negative. I'd much rather have a manager like Ward who was positive and optimistic, even if what he says is a bit OTT.

Just seen their goal from last night cheating bar stewards!

The ball was still rolling when the short corner was taken so they should have been stopped and made to retake it.

Sickening behaviour if you ask me. Good to see that cheaters never prosper!

I haven't seen the incident, but that is outrageous, what ever happened to the good mannered family club??

On pointless tonight, there was a question 'name any football team who play in any of the 4 english divisions' so 92 to shoot at and there was only one pointless answer and that was Dagenham & Redbridge, the team the gash lost to last night.

So basically nobody has heard of them and Rovers lost to them, well it made it me smile.

I was hoping that the only pointless answer was going to Bristol Rovers,who are they?

I thought it was hilarious that the Radio Bristol bloke was so desperate before the game to get Ward to talk about a play off push, but Mr. Personality seemed in a particularly grumpy mood, which must have really disappointed their cheerleaders in the local media.

Archived