IGNORED

Congratulations Sammy

Tom

It's his Birthday on Saturday, hopefully he can help us to another 3 points. I have said before that if he can stay fit and keep scoring like he is there's no reason he cannot become one of our all time great goalscorers with him now entering his prime and he will be up there with the best of them. 

League total for us across the two seasons he's been here is 28 in 68; very decent record.

Hope we've something to offer him to keep him here, because would hate for us to lose someone of his ability.

And only 25 on Saturday; got a great career ahead of him.  Let's hope a few more years of it are with us.

I wonder what he would end up going for.. suppose he finishes on 25/6 goals by end of season (feasible at present).. 1.5/2 at least surely.. Can see lots of top end Championship teams bidding for him.. Brighton, Forest, Reading..

Gone in the summer for sure. Championship clubs will be in no doubt and he's proved himself far too good for this league, even if SC can convince him we will be challenging next season, I think the allure of the higher league will be a deal breaker.

Gone in the summer for sure. Championship clubs will be in no doubt and he's proved himself far too good for this league, even if SC can convince him we will be challenging next season, I think the allure of the higher league will be a deal breaker.

Our only hope is that making and keeping him as captain, plus the potential of a promotion challenge next year might appeal, rather than the upheaval of having to move clubs.

Imagine it would be a lot cheaper to offer him a new, pretty decent deal, than to replace him.

And, for the record; we better hope MK Dons don't manage to squeeze into the Championship this year, because you can bet your life Robinson would make him his number one target, and with Sammy's attachment to that club, I can't see him not being interested.

Sammy is a model Pro. never moans, works his socks off in every game and is a great example to all young players.

His goal scoring ability has surely never really been in doubt, despite his frustrating spell where he did miss a hatfull of great chances. I think SC deserves credit for the way that he managed him through that lean spell and we are now reaping the rewards.

Should be doing all we can to improve and extend his contract, within whatever budget we are working too.

Despite the frankly disgusting attacks on Sam and JET this season, from some of our fans, neither of them have sulked, poisoned the dressing room, or threw their dummies out of the pram. Sam on twenty goals and JET soon to do the same - what more do these fans want?

Proud of them both and trust the club are doing all they can to keep them at AG to build a squad ready for our return to the Championship.

As for the haters, move on. Though, the rest of us know you will never be happy, even if you were supporters of Chelsea, Man C, et al (must be something to do with who you are).

Well done Sammy (and JET), proud to have you at our club.

Archived