IGNORED

93/94 Lime & Purple 3Rd Shirt - Wanted

kmpowell

It's so rare cuz I remember first time we had it on thorn security, next season we changed sponsor to Dry Blackthorn and I remember the club shop, when it was just a porta cabin outside the Williams advertising bring your last season shirt and get the new one for a tenner plus your old one, next season was the same again but we changed not just the sponsor(auto windscreens) but the badge too! Any teams these days keeping the same away kit for 3years plus is absurd, first time it came out I was 7, last time it came out I was approaching 11

Could these be the rarest shirts of the modern city era? I must say my interest in them was rekindled when I stumbled upon that picture of mark shail again! There's gotta be some out there somewhere!

As I say, the club definitely had one framed in the old 'Legends' bar (which is now the ST bar) years ago.. it remained when that was just converted into a kiosk.. what's happened to it since then.. guess it could be somewhere at the club.

The more I dig, the more it seems it may have been used as a back-up 3rd kit for all 3 seasons we had the Purple & Lime 2nd kit...

92/93 Thorn Security sponsor & Robin

93/94 Dry Blackthorn sponsor & Robin

94/95 Auto Windscreens sponsor & Crest

Here's the players kit in somebody's collection from the 94/95 season...

BPP8ph4CIAIMLMW.jpg

BPP8tgwCEAI7_zO.jpg

I thought we had a white kit for 94/95?

Edit: scrap that, you are right.. I just don't remember it!

bristol-city-away-football-shirt-1994-19

It was the Sanderson year I think - it had green over shoulders and then faded into white. I'm sure there used to be a picture of John Ward in his office and it hung behind him.

Someone posted picture on here a while ago. I'd like to see it again, thought it was smart.

Archived