IGNORED

Baldock - Mk Dons

Phileas Fogg

Robinson needs to say something to the local paper on a regular basis. When he has nothing sensible to say he's got to float stories like this. It fills some space in the paper and it makes it seem as though he's actually doing something to strengthen the team, when the truth is different.

When Robinson says he rung to ask, I serious hope he means thr club, because asking the player direct strikes me as seeming a little underhand.

Every possibility they could come in for him this summer if they go up, but unsettling him now, while his goals are helping us stay in the division is not on at all.

Hope city take a look at this.

Seems pretty clear to me;

"After netting twice against Peterborough on Tuesday night, Dons boss Karl Robinson admitted he called Sam Baldock to see if he wanted to finish the season at stadium:mk."

With that bit being changed!

Possible illegal approach and a combination of trying to unsettle Sam, which in turn disrupts our recent form and leads to an easier path for Robinson to tempt Sam back. Legals on this please.

We must keep Baldock. In fact, let's play the same game and tempt one or two MKD players to AG (I do believe Sam's brother would be a good squad player).

Think its just Robinson trying to be clever and use 'mind games' before the weekend... probably didnt even phone him!

Baldock is an MK Dons hero who always scores against Peterborough...

MK Dons next match which could be vital to their season is against..... Peterborough

Think its just Robinson trying to be clever and use 'mind games' before the weekend... probably didnt even phone him!

Baldock is an MK Dons hero who always scores

against Peterborough...

MK Dons next match which could be vital to

their season is against..... Peterborough

That puts flesh on the bone and makes for more logic. However, our club need to let the arrogant Mr Robinson know that Sam is our hero now (in a team full of heroes).

Baldock is an MK Dons hero who always scores against Peterborough...

MK Dons next match which could be vital to their season is against..... Peterborough

Fair enough, but I'm a Bristol City fan who cares about Bristol City's players (including their captain and top scorer) are focused on the upcoming games; I don't give a carp what MK Dons or Peterborough are doing, so would be nice if False Wimbledon's big mouth manager kept his trap shut about taking our players, even if it was a laugh.

No doubt they might chat casually and joke about it away from the glare of the media, and believe Baldock to be a professional who'd not let the comment throw off his preparation, but what if his colleagues see this and take it the wrong way?  Clearly some fans have, so who's to say those players he has to lead out Saturday might not?

Plus, Robinson is clearly on the hunt for a new striker, so to to brush it off as nothing seems odd; I imagine had Baldock indicated he might be up for a move he'd be straight on the blower to us.  Again; not doubting it happens, but Robinson should shut his piggish mouth unless he means it.

Lesson isn't to just brush it off, but make sure he doesn't think that every time Baldock makes a headline he can start talking about resigning him (he did it earlier this season after the first brace against them).  Stop talking about our players and focus on your own.

Fair enough, but I'm a Bristol City fan who cares about Bristol City's players (including their captain and top scorer) are focused on the upcoming games; I don't give a carp what MK Dons or Peterborough are doing, so would be nice if False Wimbledon's big mouth manager kept his trap shut about taking our players, even if it was a laugh.

No doubt they might chat casually and joke about it away from the glare of the media, and believe Baldock to be a professional who'd not let the comment throw off his preparation, but what if his colleagues see this and take it the wrong way?  Clearly some fans have, so who's to say those players he has to lead out Saturday might not?

Plus, Robinson is clearly on the hunt for a new striker, so to to brush it off as nothing seems odd; I imagine had Baldock indicated he might be up for a move he'd be straight on the blower to us.  Again; not doubting it happens, but Robinson should shut his piggish mouth unless he means it.

Lesson isn't to just brush it off, but make sure he doesn't think that every time Baldock makes a headline he can start talking about resigning him (he did it earlier this season after the first brace against them).  Stop talking about our players and focus on your own.

IF, he said what was reported in that paper, in the way it was reported in the paper, then that is a stonewall case of tapping up and he should be charged with misconduct/bring the game (further) into disrepute or whatever the charge is.

Simply scurrilous.  Well done Sam for saying "No"

Why get worked up? Sure all clubs tap up players, including City, and would not be surprised if City would be prepared to let him go to free up wages. If we beat Swindon we will be close to safety, so if we can get another striker in on loan, it might make sense all round. The reality of life in lower leagues, and who can blame Robinson, if we were in MK Dons position, trying top get a quality striker in for a few months would seem a cracking bit of business. Don't forget, we have Barnett ready to replace him......   :whistle:

Archived