IGNORED

Sky Sports Survey

Slacker

According to a survey On Sky Sports News grassroots football is dying out due to lack of investment.Its not all bad news though.Sky's investment in football has helped Wayne Rooney to "earn" three hundred thousand pounds this week.

The cost of hiring a pitch for the season is ridiculous nowadays, then you have insurance (public & private), league fees, cup fees, FA fees, match balls, kit etc, etc.

It is mainly down to cost although there is the 'I would rather play my PS4' effect as well.

The cost of hiring a pitch for the season is ridiculous nowadays, then you have insurance (public & private), league fees, cup fees, FA fees, match balls, kit etc, etc.

It is mainly down to cost although there is the 'I would rather play my PS4' effect as well.

This is why the FA, the PL and Sky have to help fund grass roots football more or come up with an idea to help save it.

Add into the recent bad weather destroying the local pitches and it looks pretty desperate.

Dont blame Sky, the prem or clubs for the high prices of the few pitches available.

Blame local councils, and then government.

Bristol is a perfect example of how poorly funded the sports are. For example Bristol City council spends more on cycling in one year, than it has on athletics for a decade.

Dont blame Sky, the prem or clubs for the high prices of the few pitches available.

Bristol is a perfect example of how poorly funded the sports are. For example Bristol City council spends more on cycling in one year, than it has on athletics for a decade.

As a die hard cyclist and not a runner i am happy about that. Bristol is after all is a cycling city

As a die hard cyclist and not a runner i am happy about that. Bristol is after all is a cycling city

Only because the red pantalooned buffoon wants it to be.....he loves catering for minority groups.

I bet there isn't another major city in the country that bends over and takes it from kamikaze cyclists, like we have to.....while completely ignoring the majorities needs/wants/requirements.

Sky, the Prem, the clubs and the players have a lot more cash available than the government or councils. They also have far less competing needs, and more of a direct interest in maintaining and developing talent through the grass roots (maybe not the players individually, although still the players collectively in the form of the PFA).

Sky, the Prem, the clubs and the players have a lot more cash available than the government or councils. They also have far less competing needs, and more of a direct interest in maintaining and developing talent through the grass roots (maybe not the players individually, although still the players collectively in the form of the PFA).

The simple solution is that both need to work better together. A City having a premiership team is worth millions to the local economy. Look at Manchester for instance, I read something the other day that said by them habing two big premiership teams it's free advertising for Manchester to the rest of the world.

If you live in China or somethi g you have heard of Manchester, very little would have heard of Bristol.

So councils by working with football clubs and sky etc can boost their cities.

Now steady on.

An attack on cycling will get Gorgeous Georges gander up.

Archived