IGNORED

Budget 2014

myol'man

Did you go to Eton? Then you're in luck.

If you didn't, you're ****ed!

I'm sure that the Old Etonian Gideon Osbourne will be handing over even more of our hard earned cash to the EU in the budjet but this will be hushed up as per usual. Remember that VAT was introduced by Edward Heath's traitor Tory government in the early 70s to pay for our EU membership. VAT's always gone up since.

A great set of figures proving them right.

The public wanted a cut down on public spending and funding the lifestyle of scroungers, they got it.

4 more years for me, and I didn't vote for them last time out!

the majority on benefits aren't scroungers you are reading the daily mail far to much

What Ed Milliband's diatribe against the tories failed to mention is, 'everything I am accusing you of, the last labour government did exactly the same (with the exception of the Eton connection) but now I am in charge it will not be allowed to happen again, if you trust us', I suppose the problem labour has is most of the front bench were part of the decision making process during the labour 'tory' years.

They can trot out whatever statistics they like, but if people feel their standard of living has dropped they won't be convenced.

I have to say, this was a pretty benign budget - as they all tend to be just before elections.  :whistle:

You are correct with the 'feel' line, but as we know new labour actually achieved it, but hey ho.

i'm sure Mavis Milliband has a bigger problem on the horizon, even chancer Farage and his newly branded 'swingers' party have seized upon his indecision over an in/out EU referendum, "well I don't really know Rita, if I can win it i'll have one or I might not", I believe this may create a position where the swingers will take votes off of both in a general election and of course i'm sure as it draws ever closer the big bad tories will not mind pissing the soon to be sunk without a trace lib dems off and start to appease UKIP more and more, isn't that the way politics works?.

You are correct with the 'feel' line, but as we know new labour actually achieved it, but hey ho.

i'm sure Mavis Milliband has a bigger problem on the horizon, even chancer Farage and his newly branded 'swingers' party have seized upon his indecision over an in/out EU referendum, "well I don't really know Rita, if I can win it i'll have one or I might not", I believe this may create a position where the swingers will take votes off of both in a general election and of course i'm sure as it draws ever closer the big bad tories will not mind pissing the soon to be sunk without a trace lib dems off and start to appease UKIP more and more, isn't that the way politics works?.

You seem to assume that a European Union is a decisive issue regarding voting intentions. I'd suggest that outside the confines of a few on here, it is not a ,major influence as to the way people vote. Ukip gets more support for its robust line on immigration than its promise to take us out of the EU. 

A great set of figures proving them right.

The public wanted a cut down on public spending and funding the lifestyle of scroungers, they got it.

4 more years for me, and I didn't vote for them last time out!

Would have preferred to see them cut down on large corporations and wealthy individuals avoiding paying tax, but it's a game of opinions

It's a fairly inert budget really; doesn't particularly screw anyone over and doesn't particularly help anyone out. Considering I'm a left-leaning puic sector worker, that's high praise! Next April will no doubt see the benevolently generous Gideon passing on enormous tax breaks and smiting those who'd never vote for him in a million years anyway

You seem to assume that a European Union is a decisive issue regarding voting intentions. I'd suggest that outside the confines of a few on here, it is not a ,major influence as to the way people vote. Ukip gets more support for its robust line on immigration than its promise to take us out of the EU.

On PM on Radio 4 earlier this week, some pundit claimed that our membership of the EU was barely in the top 10 of issues affecting voter intention (some think-tank poll so could well be skewed) at the minute. I think that Nige and the boys will have to firm up the flesh of the UKIP policy bible if they want to do more than make David and Gideon slightly nervous ahead of next years election

On PM on Radio 4 earlier this week, some pundit claimed that our membership of the EU was barely in the top 10 of issues affecting voter intention (some think-tank poll so could well be skewed) at the minute. I think that Nige and the boys will have to firm up the flesh of the UKIP policy bible if they want to do more than make David and Gideon slightly nervous ahead of next years election

Indeed. They also have the classic 'protest vote' profile. Disillusionment with existing parties over things like MPs expenses has helped them.

Anyway, for the benefit of Barrs Court Red this survey asked UKIP voters what their number one issue was:

http://yougov.co.uk/news/2014/02/24/where-ukip-gets-its-support/

The 2nd on the yougov poll you put on here is UKIP's policy on the economy, which probably says more about UKIP voters than anything else because apart from ending foreign aid, I didn't even know that they had a policy, but hey you reckon that the 3rd most popular UKIP policy was the policy on europe will not be a reason people will vote UKIP, OK.

The 2nd on the yougov poll you put on here is UKIP's policy on the economy, which probably says more about UKIP voters than anything else because apart from ending foreign aid, I didn't even know that they had a policy, but hey you reckon that the 3rd most popular UKIP policy was the policy on europe will not be a reason people will vote UKIP, OK.

It also says that 64% of Ukip voters did not rate Europe as an important issue for them.

By contrast, 83% said immigration was an important issue - way above the average score for that issue.

My original post didn't say that no-one who votes Ukip cares about Europe, clearly that cannot be the case, I just said that their stance on immigration wins them more votes than a promise to leave the EU does.

My contention is voters won't give a stuff about Miliband's thoughts on a Euro referendum, they will be much more concerned with can they trust the economy with him.

Outside the confines of BBC Broadcasting House, EU membership is a big issue. Not addressed by the BBC pro Lib-Lab-Con EU traitor propaganda news and views bulletins is the fact that VAT (Value Added Tax) is at 20% to pay for Britain's EU membership. EU membership has also helped cripple various British industries for the past 40 odd years. Then we had current EU Fuhrer Angela Merkel come to this country recently telling us the EU wont change for us. Nigh time we came out of what's becoming a German led EU 4th Reich.

Outside the confines of BBC Broadcasting House, EU membership is a big issue. Not addressed by the BBC pro Lib-Lab-Con EU traitor propaganda news and views bulletins is the fact that VAT (Value Added Tax) is at 20% to pay for Britain's EU membership. EU membership has also helped cripple various British industries for the past 40 odd years. Then we had current EU Fuhrer Angela Merkel come to this country recently telling us the EU wont change for us. Nigh time we came out of what's becoming a German led EU 4th Reich.

That seems to be contradicted by that poll, Gobbers which doesn't come from "the confines of Broadcasting House" but from the mouths of actual voters asked their opinions by one of the country's largest polling organisations. Study it again, if you like http://yougov.co.uk/news/2014/02/24/where-ukip-gets-its-support/

I gather it's of primary importance to you and you think everyone should be concerned, but the figures show that it's the economy and - to an extent - immigration that concerns people the most.

Anyway, you should be delighted that the YouGov research also shows that if the May 2013 council electyion results were duplicated in 2015, Ukip would win 9 seats. that's a big if, mind you...

It also says that 64% of Ukip voters did not rate Europe as an important issue for them.

By contrast, 83% said immigration was an important issue - way above the average score for that issue.

My original post didn't say that no-one who votes Ukip cares about Europe, clearly that cannot be the case, I just said that their stance on immigration wins them more votes than a promise to leave the EU does.

My contention is voters won't give a stuff about Miliband's thoughts on a Euro referendum, they will be much more concerned with can they trust the economy with him.

Well I agree with that, so someone who appears indecisive might not be so appealing?

Well I agree with that, so someone who appears indecisive might not be so appealing?

I just don't think that Europe will excite them much. Once the Scottish referendum is out the way, the election campaign will begin (and will of course bore us all silly) with a predictable round of "Labour caused the mess - we've fixed the economy" on one side, and "pay has not kept pace with inflation, so most are worse off - the Tories favour millionaires" from the other.

The referendum issue will feature in the campaign, but the economy will be the key battleground. As ever.

I just don't think that Europe will excite them much. Once the Scottish referendum is out the way, the election campaign will begin (and will of course bore us all silly) with a predictable round of "Labour caused the mess - we've fixed the economy" on one side, and "pay has not kept pace with inflation, so most are worse off - the Tories favour millionaires" from the other.

The referendum issue will feature in the campaign, but the economy will be the key battleground. As ever.

indeed, the tories favour millionaires shocker but as for pay not keeping pace with inflation, that started in 2008 under labour and set to be reversed before the end of this year.

Millibands speech today was hypocrisy at it's best, everything he accused the tories of also happened when he and many of his front bench were a part of the last government, including the refusal to rein in bankers pay and bonuses, as I said before, his starting point should be, 'i'm sorry for the last labour government and it's abandonment of the working classes, but it will not happen again under my leadership', now that might prove a refreshing change.

But what is Balls top policy, oh yes raid pension funds again, now that sounds familiar.

indeed, the tories favour millionaires shocker but as for pay not keeping pace with inflation, that started in 2008 under labour and set to be reversed before the end of this year.

Millibands speech today was hypocrisy at it's best, everything he accused the tories of also happened when he and many of his front bench were a part of the last government, including the refusal to rein in bankers pay and bonuses, as I said before, his starting point should be, 'i'm sorry for the last labour government and it's abandonment of the working classes, but it will not happen again under my leadership', now that might prove a refreshing change.

But what is Balls top policy, oh yes raid pension funds again, now that sounds familiar.

2008 was the last year I had a pay rise coincidence?

2008 was the last year I had a pay rise coincidence?

Lucky you and it was the year that pay stopped keeping pace with inflation and labour were in power, coincidence?.

Edit:- in fact it was when Brown and Darling started it's assault on the public sector to pay for the bankers mess, that Brown had fueled, coincidence?.

Lucky you and it was the year that pay stopped keeping pace with inflation and labour were in power, coincidence?.

Edit:- in fact it was when Brown and Darling started it's assault on the public sector to pay for the bankers mess, that Brown had fueled, coincidence?.

Brown did well to mess up Portugal,Spain,Ireland,Greece etc etc,he must have had far more power than we were led to believe!

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2010/feb/21/gordon-brown-saved-banks

Archived