IGNORED

That 5 Point Gap

Aizoon

Or 5 1/2 really, with GD, is looking increasingly solid with teams below us catching up on games without significantly improving their points total.

Still not time to relax, though. We could still bottle it, although the number of teams below us now means they will be playing each other quite often. They can't both win, even if the results aren't going our way, as they usually don't :(

Or 5 1/2 really, with GD, is looking increasingly solid with teams below us catching up on games without significantly improving their points total.

Still not time to relax, though. We could still bottle it, although the number of teams below us now means they will be playing each other quite often. They can't both win, even if the results aren't going our way, as they usually don't :(

No time to relax that's for sure,but I left the ground Saturday actually thinking we looked like a team,with some shape and a purpose about us,and I haven't thought that for a long time.very confident that we will stay up now.

Encouraging comments my City Band of Brothers  :shifty: I agree it does look a whole lot better than 4 weeks ago, Cotts deserves a huge amount of praise for bringing in players that have actually made a difference, even Aiz and Horace will agree I am sure.

Still no time to be complacent, we still need the points, no more pathetic repeats like last season run in. and a few other recent ones I can recall.

Both Horace and I have been favourably impressed with Mr Cotterill. Despite a tendency to shout, wave his arms and say silly things at interviews, he's not only brought in some useful players but made good use of the better players he inherited.

Horace wishes he would snuffle more, though. He finds his interviews quite hard to understand :(

Sheffield United was pathetic!

I couldn't see us doing anything afer that pathetic performance.

Cotts said words along the lines of... The players didn't do anything we told them in training. He was not a happy bunny!

I would love to have been a fly on the wall that day.

Nice one Cotts, keep it going!

Both Horace and I have been favourably impressed with Mr Cotterill. Despite a tendency to shout, wave his arms and say silly things at interviews, he's not only brought in some useful players but made good use of the better players he inherited.

Horace wishes he would snuffle more, though. He finds his interviews quite hard to understand :(

Sounds like some people who phone into Twentypence.

In the middle of a four game block that I felt if we came out the other side of with 7>9 points, we'd be much closer to our objective.

We've already got four points from two games, and the next two matches are against teams I think it is realistic to be confident we can compete against, based on performances over the last period.

I think Colchester at home actually present more of a threat to our unbeaten run, and I'd be happy with a strong performance and a point, followed by a win at home to Port Vale.  

If we can do that, I think that even with a pair of tremendously challenging ties following, in the shape of Rotherham and Preston (where I see us struggling, more based on their form than our own), we stand a very realistic chance of survival.

That said; we have to avoid complacency, and the final four matches of the season could throw us right back in trouble if we don't maintain concentration.

Agree that if we take 4-6 points from Colchester and Vale, survival should be a formality... Especially with games against our relegation rivals to come. We'd only have to avoid defeat.

I reckon Notts and Shrews are both doomed now so its any two from about eight clubs. Carlisle and Crewe would be my predictions, both have an even worse defense than us!!!

21 Crewe

22 Carlisle

23 Notts County

24 Shrewsbury

15 Bristol City

Were safe id say unless we lose every game now till the end! This team should of been top ten with better management   defenders

Edited that for you!

I was looking at the table earlier and I noticed that our defensive is not significantly worse than any team outside the top 3 or 4, where as quite a few teams have scored a similar number of goals. Maybe it's just that type of league where the emphasis is on attacking play.

No time to relax that's for sure,but I left the ground Saturday actually thinking we looked like a team,with some shape and a purpose about us,and I haven't thought that for a long time.very confident that we will stay up now.

important to pick up something at Colchester..even a draw will keep it ticking over and confidence high...couple of iffy afternoons could set us back so no room whatsoever for complacency.

Archived