IGNORED

Ex City Players ,best Manager

Major Isewater

Steve McLaren was a great number two at Man Utd, went on to win a major trophy for Boro, won the league in Holland and took a team into the champions league.

Not a bad record?!

Also, little known fact, but Bill Shankly and Bob Paisley played one game for City. If I'm right, we played away at Southampton, the players travelled in cars. One car broke down so we were short. The tannoy asked if anyone could play for City and Shanks and Paisley stepped out the crowd and played for that one game!

If this is true, I'd say those two are the best managers amongst our ex players!!

Steve McLaren was a great number two at Man Utd, went on to win a major trophy for Boro, won the league in Holland and took a team into the champions league.

Not a bad record?!

Also, little known fact, but Bill Shankly and Bob Paisley played one game for City. If I'm right, we played away at Southampton, the players travelled in cars. One car broke down so we were short. The tannoy asked if anyone could play for City and Shanks and Paisley stepped out the crowd and played for that one game!

If this is true, I'd say those two are the best managers amongst our ex players!!

Wow,lovely story ,probably bollox. ;0)

Archived