IGNORED

Cotts

Habberss

Yeah because you can't put in a shift and score goals can you, Baldock anyone?

By 'at his age' I mean he started at a big club and he has fallen down the divisions because of a lack of application. He's clearly far too good for league one but there's still a reason why he's playing at this level.

Let's face it if we were his best option last summer it speaks volumes. Obviously SOD played a part but there's a reason Ipswich wanted rid. You can't carry anyone at that level who isn't digging deep.

No doubt he's too good for us and too good for league one. I've never ever suggested otherwise.

But it's clear to see that with an increase in application he could be playing at the top level. He's technically twice as good as someone like Bolasie or Adomah and yet they're both playing week in week out at a higher level. Why's that?

And I'm fed up of this nonsense about how anyone who puts in a big shift has no talent, it's nonsense and it's just a paper thin excuse for the JET fanboys who will leap to his defence whenever anyone offers any criticism. There is zero reason why you can't be technically gifted and work hard for your team. JET rides on his technical ability and in the main is largely forgiven for his lack of work rate because of the spectacular things he does when he does them.

No doubt we'd be worse off without his contribution this season but that doesn't mean fans don't have the right to be annoyed at a seeming lack of effort and or desire and even the most ardent JET fans can't claim that his desire in recent weeks/months is seemingly lacking.

He looks a shadow of the player he was for the first half of the season.

I could have sworn the Manager said JET put a shift in v Colchester, might be wrong though.

I could have sworn the Manager said JET put a shift in v Colchester, might be wrong though.

I wasn't there, so it wouldn't be right for me to comment, but I go to every home game and call it as I see it.

I love JET when he's doing what he does best, but it frustrates the hell out of me that he could be twice the player he is with some more application and desire. Big Mick was spot on about that.

But having said that, if he did up his work rate, he'd DEFINITELY be too good for us, so maybe it's a blessing in disguise.

Yeah because you can't put in a shift and score goals can you, Baldock anyone?

By 'at his age' I mean he started at a big club and he has fallen down the divisions because of a lack of application. He's clearly far too good for league one but there's still a reason why he's playing at this level.

Let's face it if we were his best option last summer it speaks volumes. Obviously SOD played a part but there's a reason Ipswich wanted rid. You can't carry anyone at that level who isn't digging deep.

No doubt he's too good for us and too good for league one. I've never ever suggested otherwise.

But it's clear to see that with an increase in application he could be playing at the top level. He's technically twice as good as someone like Bolasie or Adomah and yet they're both playing week in week out at a higher level. Why's that?

And I'm fed up of this nonsense about how anyone who puts in a big shift has no talent, it's nonsense and it's just a paper thin excuse for the JET fanboys who will leap to his defence whenever anyone offers any criticism. There is zero reason why you can't be technically gifted and work hard for your team. JET rides on his technical ability and in the main is largely forgiven for his lack of work rate because of the spectacular things he does when he does them.

No doubt we'd be worse off without his contribution this season but that doesn't mean fans don't have the right to be annoyed at a seeming lack of effort and or desire and even the most ardent JET fans can't claim that his desire in recent weeks/months is seemingly lacking.

He looks a shadow of the player he was for the first half of the season.

That rubbish, he's playing a different position to what he was under SOD and he looks to have adapted well. Plus your taking a view he does not pull his weight he more than contributed to the team many times I have seen him make defensive clearances.

He's got skill but he's an oil tanker and you want him to be a go kart, its not going to happen.

I was listening to Stan collimore on talk sport yeasterdsay while man utd were playing and he ripped Rooney for trying to be all things to all men, he should have been the outlet and utd lost the ball. Jet is our target man his job is to be a target.

He needs to be played in the correct position. We now have the players available to do so

Fielding

Moloney

Osbourne

Williams

Cunningham

Gillett

Elliott

Kelly (when fit, Waggy if not)

JET

Baldock

Patterson

That team would easily beat the drop

That would be perfect for JET and its a great line up.

That rubbish, he's playing a different position to what he was under SOD and he looks to have adapted well. Plus your taking a view he does not pull his weight he more than contributed to the team many times I have seen him make defensive clearances.

He's got skill but he's an oil tanker and you want him to be a go kart, its not going to happen.

I was listening to Stan collimore on talk sport yeasterdsay while man utd were playing and he ripped Rooney for trying to be all things to all men, he should have been the outlet and utd lost the ball. Jet is our target man his job is to be a target.

I'm not expecting him to zip around all game like a headless chicken, but the minimum requirement for me is for a player to be digging deep and busting a gut when we are up against it, and that's my one gripe with JET - you will never see that unrelenting effort that you get with a Baldock or a Paterson type character.

I'm not saying we have (or will be able to get) anyone better, but surely it's clear for all to see that he wouldn't be playing League One football if he had a better work rate. He's clearly technically considerably too good for this league.

I'm not expecting him to zip around all game like a headless chicken, but the minimum requirement for me is for a player to be digging deep and busting a gut when we are up against it, and that's my one gripe with JET - you will never see that unrelenting effort that you get with a Baldock or a Paterson type character.

I'm not saying we have (or will be able to get) anyone better, but surely it's clear for all to see that he wouldn't be playing League One football if he had a better work rate. He's clearly technically considerably too good for this league.

Your comparing Emile Hesky with Michael Owen that's just stupid. He gives 100% of what he, being the type of boig powerful player he is can give. Your just being extremely unfair to the guy, and you don't clearly understand all the attributes he brings to the game, I jhave seen him run moor than enough, but running is often a sign your in the wrong bloody place too.

if you are believing in cotts now,you have to believe jet is doing as hes told. if the boss wasnt happy with his performance in this position hes in now,im sure he would have dropped him by now or at least subbed him off more often. be interesting to see what happens now with 2 good strikers in front of him.

Your comparing Emile Hesky with Michael Owen that's just stupid. He gives 100% of what he, being the type of boig powerful player he is can give. Your just being extremely unfair to the guy, and you don't clearly understand all the attributes he brings to the game, I jhave seen him run moor than enough, but running is often a sign your in the wrong bloody place too.

Ah the 'you don't understand the game' argument, the stock response from the JET fanboys!

I'm not even saying he should be dropped or anything, just that ANY player CAN put a shift in IF they want to.

JET is one of those who is happy to not exert himself off the ball because he's only interested in the game when he is on the ball. Even the most ardent fan of his can't deny that. He simply isn't interested in his off the ball game which could most definitely be improved.

But as I said, if he did find that extra gear off the ball, he'd most definitely not be playing League One, so maybe it's for the best!

A bit like the shift he put in against Peterborough.

If JET was so 'lazy' or doesn't 'care' or 'put a shift in' then why did our manager leave him on until about the 75th minute after El-Abd got sent off after 18mins?

Surely this lazy player would have been a prime candidate to be subbed? 2-0 up why would we need JET's creativity? Surely we couldn't have anyone on the pitch not putting in a shift or running around lots? Of course this doesn't suit the agenda does it? Plus not many were there. Fortunately I was and JET worked his bollocks off. Occupied their two centre halfs brilliantly all night whilst taking the pressure off when he could.

SC seems to think he's doing enough. Fine by me. Must have something to moan about though....especially as now our form is on the up.

Its called defending from the front.

Surely someone with your expertise would know about with your far superior footballing knowledge?

He just pissed in your cornflakes and shat on your cap.  That's the only logic I can come up with your random  hateful spite.

Also just seen the highlights from yesterday. As well as jet done for the first surely it would be an assist to Baldock?

As for this goal scoring machine jet is, best not mention those two howling misses shall we! After all its not like Baldock would have been ripped apart for missing them!

I was at the game did a lot more than just ****up the chances, he made the bloody goals, and he made a few that were disallowed.

You're misunderstanding what I'm saying and what I want to see. I just want him to find an extra 10% off the ball, he certainly has it to give. A player of his physical presence should be a real handful off the ball, winning 50/50s with his strength etc.

But all too often this season you'll see him lose out in those 50/50s to small weak players.

FWIW I've never shouted abuse at JET. He's one of our two best players. But he can and should offer more when the team is not in possession.

I dont think were a million miles away I think with the right training he could be that player, he's the wrong shape and not conditioned right to do that.

The wrong shape to work hard?

He does work hard, but for whatever reason he's top heavy and not the right shape, compare his build to Yaya Toure, if he had less muscle mass he could keep his power and run about more.  He's just got too much muscle mass.

If only he had done what he was paid to do and scored those chances then everything else he done well wouldnt have been wasted!

If only it was simple, next time I'll slip him a 10'r before the game to give him that extra skill boost, you prat.  I'm sure he wasn't trying his best to score those goals, the first one he runs(sorry walks he doesn't run) to get onto it and is off balance, the second he just scuffs it.

Watch the highlights of the second goal and where Gillet is, his job is to be where Osbourne is and he's in the background walking.  He had a shitter but for some reason its all about JET again!

JETs not a striker, he's asked to play in a position he isn't fond of. We all know he isn't going to run around like a headlines chicken for 90 minutes, we need to play to his strengths, and that is giving him the ball in advanced situations to let him work his magic

Never seen a player so discussed on OTIB since LJ.

JETs not a striker, he's asked to play in a position he isn't fond of. We all know he isn't going to run around like a headlines chicken for 90 minutes, we need to play to his strengths, and that is giving him the ball in advanced situations to let him work his magic

You were at the game and can see, that I was there and can see that. Ivan's watched the highlights sees something different.

Logical thinking doesn't cut it on OTIB, you must be a premier league player to fit into standards of a L1 City team before gaining any kind of approval we should all know that by now. 

Very good point but

Beckham ? Ronaldo

Mata ? Oscar

Aguero ? Diego Costa

Carroll ? Remy

Only arsenal haven't been able to replace RVP and if they had his fire power this season they would have walked the league

Do you reckon we would be able to Replace JET? Considering we haven't replaced Cisse, Mccoombe or Hartley I highly doubt we could replace JET

Man United still made two CL finals in 3 years after losing Ronaldo, why? Because they didn't try to replace him, they bought a few players and built a team. You have to ask yourself if Mouriniho, or Sir Alex walked into BCFC right now, would they start Jet? Hypothetical I know but I'd hazard an educated guess at no they would not.

Archived