IGNORED

Cotterill's Record

Seeing as Cotterill has now been in charge for exactly half our league campaign I thought I would look at the stats:-

SOD - Played 18, Points 15

Pemberton - Played 1, Points 0

Cotterill - Played 19 - Points 28

Not quite play off form but not much improvement to be made based on statistics. Based on facts it is surely sort us out at the back and we should be alright next season.

In the shorter term, looking at the teams below us, Oldham, Colchester and Stevenage have very tough run-ins and teams are playing one another left, right and centre - they can't both take three points!! We'll be ok this season.

Not only has the points and position in the league improved, he has also:

Given Baldock an alternative position (dimension) to his game

made sure we still score goals, agree we still have work to do with our defensive play(still not sure its our back 3 or 4, but the blend in mid field)

Used our younger players well

Definitely better record than Gary Barlow's rotting pile of.... On a serious note, hopefully he should fulfil his initial brief and keep us up (lots of positives). I think he has surprised some with his deployment of players and showing he has more than hoofball to his game plan.

Three more points against Port Vale to add to his win percentage (and disappoint Blobbie Williams, another rotting pile of take shat)

Not only has the points and position in the league improved, he has also:

Given Baldock an alternative position (dimension) to his game

made sure we still score goals, agree we still have work to do with our defensive play(still not sure its our back 3 or 4, but the blend in mid field)

Used our younger players well

Baldock played off the right when we played 3 up top at the back end of last season, and I thought he did well there at the time.

I still don't see how you can judge a Manager's performance, whoever they are, unless they have at least one full season in charge as obviously things even out over a season.

I think PRE-SEASON is a useful tool upon which to judge Managers. Millen, McInnes and SOD got it spectacularly wrong in the last few seasons and we always seemed to be playing catch up in terms of fitness, recruitment and ultimately results throughout the season. If Cotterill can reverse the trend and get the next Pre-Season right the club might, just might, give itself half a chance.

Archived