IGNORED

If Only We Could Defend...

BRISTOL86

...during the first half of the season.

Only 5 teams in the league have scored more goals than City this season. If we'd just been a little tighter in defence in the first half of the season and turned a few of those draws into wins and defeats into draws....

12 points off the playoffs. 4 wins from games we drew and 4 draws from games we lost and that would make up the difference.

Hopefully a strong finish to the season will heighten our chances of keeping the key people and pushing on.

It's got to be said, well done Cotts.

No El-Abd or Flint, coincidence or not ?

Quite. We were looking better at the back post new year after back to back wins. I think El Adb completely disrupted it. Mind you Nosworthy looks like a shrewd loan deal too.

Wonder if we can keep any of the loanees post season end

We looked well up for it tonight...attack and defence...if we stay up the future looks bright...very very bright

Staying up isn't enough, we MUST keep the key personnel. We simply cannot replace Baldock and JET's goals. We will not find two players who can replace 40-45 goals in a season (where we've been relegation fodder for 75% of the season).

Re the loanees, Wade Elliott, Nosworthy and Paterson are all looking excellent. If we could make even one of them permanent I'd be very happy. I thought Elliott in particular was excellent tonight.

Staying up isn't enough, we MUST keep the key personnel. We simply cannot replace Baldock and JET's goals. We will not find two players who can replace 40-45 goals in a season (where we've been relegation fodder for 75% of the season).

Re the loanees, Wade Elliott, Nosworthy and Paterson are all looking excellent. If we could make even one of them permanent I'd be very happy. I thought Elliott in particular was excellent tonight.

Reading between the lines it seems like Paterson and Nosworthy are as good as done deals, not so sure about Wade Elliott's situation.

The players we've have on loan have certainly made a difference, Osbourne although now signed wasn't here all season. Add to that Gillet and Wade Elliott who have certainly added to our midfield, now Nosworthy really looks settled. Patterson has certainly got Jet and Baldock looking more clinical.

The disappointments for me have been the gk Moore and Barnett, but you can't win them all I suppose.

Also agree about keeping JET and Baldock. If we have any ambition and want the Sold Out sign up at Ashton next season more often than not we need those two at the club.

If my calculations are in order, we've dropped 21 points from winning positions this season which would put us 6th. Not a dig as we can't win every game.

Yeovil have dropped 29 points I think it is from winning positions and would be 7th rather than 21st!

Still, living in the now great victory tonight and congratulations JET and Sammy on surpassing 20 goals in all comps and the league respectively.

COYR

The players we've have on loan have certainly made a difference, Osbourne although now signed wasn't here all season. Add to that Gillet and Wade Elliott who have certainly added to our midfield, now Nosworthy really looks settled. Patterson has certainly got Jet and Baldock looking more clinical.

The disappointments for me have been the gk Moore and Barnett, but you can't win them all I suppose.

Moore is a good keeper I think but his injury was unfortunate and Frankie has been playing very well.

Barnett, I can't for the life of me think what he would add to the team and hope/assume we won't see him here after his loan expires.

Paterson, Baldock, JET, Nosworthy and Elliott all at the club next season and I'd be very excited about a new season.

Archived