IGNORED

Nations League Anyone?

IdliketoRogerMoore

New tournament to run every 2 years with promotion and relegation and stuff! Another way to make money and another tournament for us to do shit at!

Thoughts?

it would just clog up an already busy fixture list,

Perhaps during the summer months but then players will suffer with burn out due to not getting enough rest pre-season (according to their managers anyway)

While I would like to see somthing like that its just not practical

not really sure uefa have given the go ahead with suggesting some teams might win qualification to the euros and world cups! Also I seen getting rid of most friendlys to make room!

maybe its for the lesser nations like san marino etc like a pre-quilfication tourny before quilifaction rounds proper

greg dyke and the fa have given backing! If it replaces friendlys and gives more competitive football and can only be a good thing (if they do as expected confirm this)

found the story on sky now,

I'm all for replacing meaningless friendlys so yea I'd be up for it

In all honesty, it should be a tournament for the best of the players who haven't quite made the grade professionally. The actual professionals have too much going on in their fixture list to then deal with this and it would provide a stage for the onea that haven't quite made it to show what they can do and have another stab at it whilst at the same time, represent their country.

It will only be as good as how serious teams taking part take it. Saying whether it is a good or bad move until that is clear is a shot in the dark, but it is refreshing.

New tournament to run every 2 years with promotion and relegation and stuff! Another way to make money and another tournament for us to do shit at!

Thoughts?

A Champions League tournament involving the best teams in the world is the future. Current CL will get EL status. World Cup should be closed down. Nation against nation belongs to the history luckily enough. 

World Cup should be closed down. Nation against nation belongs to the history luckily enough.

I could not possibly disagree more.

Imo the world cup is a fantastic occassion and something truly remarkable.

The sanctity of the World Cup needs utmost protection which makes lobbying FIFA a worthwhile prospect. Otherwise I'd be first in line to follow boxing etc and back a breakaway governing body.

Archived