IGNORED

Energy Companies

Eco

Well yeah, but what's a government going to do? Levy taxes to pay for it or sell it all off and when the charges rocket say "it's out of our hands!" I know which one is likely to lose more votes

The same thing the private sector does, borrow and then let inflation take care of a big chunk of it.

Governments do have access to the cheapest credit in the world, it's perfectly reasonable to borrow for capital investment.  

The same thing the private sector does, borrow and then let inflation take care of a big chunk of it.

Governments do have access to the cheapest credit in the world, it's perfectly reasonable to borrow for capital investment.

But as we've seen recently, voters are very nervous of massive government debt. As I've said; something had to be done, but I believe there was a way other than the one we (as a nation) took

But as we've seen recently, voters are very nervous of massive government debt. As I've said; something had to be done, but I believe there was a way other than the one we (as a nation) took

Voters weren't at all nervous of government debt when these decisions were taken though, it's only because the tories have been using it to bludgeon Ed Bollocks with.  

There's a big difference between borrowing to fund capital investment and borrowing to pay the bills.  If we'd done the former we'd be in a much better state now because the infrastructure could be running in surplus instead of money draining out of the UK to overseas shareholders with sod all tax being paid.

Voters weren't at all nervous of government debt when these decisions were taken though, it's only because the tories have been using it to bludgeon Ed Bollocks with.

There's a big difference between borrowing to fund capital investment and borrowing to pay the bills. If we'd done the former we'd be in a much better state now because the infrastructure could be running in surplus instead of money draining out of the UK to overseas shareholders with sod all tax being paid.

I think you'd probably right

Interesting. This is the classic delusion, shared by Right and Left, that one form of ownership is right for all modes of industry.

Hence the Tories' campaign to privatise the NHS, and the Hard Left's desire to nationalise Tesco.

Hope you're not suggesting I suffer from delusions Aizoon, I might have to make an appointment to see the doctor.

Although it would be a huge undertaking and not worth the hassle that Union opposition would bring in theory privatisation of the NHS could work. Nationalise Tesco ? They'd be queuing round the block for a tin of beans.

Hope you're not suggesting I suffer from delusions Aizoon, I might have to make an appointment to see the doctor.

Although it would be a huge undertaking and not worth the hassle that Union opposition would bring in theory privatisation of the NHS could work. Nationalise Tesco ? They'd be queuing round the block for a tin of beans.

Is nationalizing Tesco's on anyone's agenda, Marshy?

As for the virtues of privatised health, you might like to ask yourself why Cuba has a 15-year life expectancy advantage over neighboring Caribbean islands.

Is nationalizing Tesco's on anyone's agenda, Marshy?

As for the virtues of privatised health, you might like to ask yourself why Cuba has a 15-year life expectancy advantage over neighboring Caribbean islands.

The hard left apparently, according to Aizoon to whom I was replying.

Didn't say I supported privatisation of the NHS Robbo although I do have much experience of it over the past six years as my wife has been seriously ill. There is no doubt in my mind that it could be run more efficiently especially, dare I say it, with regard to nursing staff (I only have experience of one hospital you understand).

The hard left apparently, according to Aizoon to whom I was replying.

Didn't say I supported privatisation of the NHS Robbo although I do have much experience of it over the past six years as my wife has been seriously ill. There is no doubt in my mind that it could be run more efficiently especially, dare I say it, with regard to nursing staff (I only have experience of one hospital you understand).

Amen to that, Marshy.

Archived