IGNORED

Article In Today's Times

Southport Red

Class is all well a good es. But if everyone is class about keeping schtum concerning the running of our club. How will it ever improve? It won't. Especially with the current owners and their way of running thing.

I wish more would spill the beans publicly so the fans really knew how well their club is being run.

The problem is most of the kiss and tell people have something to sell like a book or 'look i'm still alive and I played for Celtic once, gis a job'.

and then we have the ITK who just spread tittle tattle.

The thing is we know that things have been less than good, let's just enjoy a mini revival and restart armageddon next season.

Mark Wilson should be more grateful.

His mate gave him a years' employment to rob a living down here. When SOD took over I understood he wanted to release him immediately at the end of his initial 6 month deal but that McInnes had inserted a clause that if he was in the match day squad on a certain number of occasions (already reached) he got 6 months more.

So a player who made Richard Foster look like Dani Alves picked up 6 months pay for nothing.

As for McInnes as others have said, he bought Baldock and Davies when we already had Pitman and Stead, thought Jody Morris was Championship standard and signed Stephen McManus on loan (twice) rather than a genuine Championship centre half. He also backed out of moving his family down here.

Congratulations on beating Inverness, Ross County and St. Mirren, Del but your time here was a failure entirely of your making..

Graham, I have to say, I do like reading your posts, it is refreshing to read sense! Now, I'm off to check how my ebay listing for a drumstick is going!

The truth does hurt.

You can have whatever opinion of Mcinned, Wilson or whoever you like, but the truth is we have been a shambles for 5 years and maybe, just maybe, we are turning the corner only now.

Don't be bitter, just accept it and move on.

The future is always in front and the past behind.

Just like Mr Wilson?

Exactly!

We were a shambles and McInnes was a good part of why. He couldn't get the players to produce a performance and nor could his entourage of hangers on and various employment thieves...Including Wilson!

This bloke cleared Ashton Gate at half time more times than Bob Houghton, SOD, SC, our current England manager and Keith Millen combined...!!!  

God I wish he'd stop paying Wilson to make excuses for him...He was a dour individual who seems to have thought he could do well in The Championship signing Scots! He was wrong!....Move On with it and move on with SOD too! We are winning, scoring for fun and have a great game to look forward to today! We are having our stadium rebuilt and look as though we may challenge next season....!

I see nothing wrong really with regards to us being a shambles

But worth noting he said "was a shambles" not "are a shambles".

I'd agree we were, with him and others in the squad. I really wanted Derek to be a success but his lack of knowledge of what English players might've done a job for us and his packing the squad with unwanted wasters like Mark Wilson and the party organiser were his undoing.

We've been a shambles for a long while, before McInnes, after McInnes. I don't have a problem with anyone coming out and saying it. Trying to deflect away from it is just stupid, really.

Some of those calling us a shambles will of course be those who were involved, or contributed to our poor form, but that's fine with me; whatever helps them sleep at night.

Wilson was a poor performer in a poor side in a poor era for us. But he wasn't the only player signed with a promising pedigree that didn't perform from us (from both sides of the border).

Incredible how EMB managed to fit in a Neil Lennon dig though. Confuses me how some people on this forum that evidently don't rate the Scottish game, or those within it, spend so much of their energy talking about it repeatedly.

We've been a shambles for a long while, before McInnes, after McInnes. I don't have a problem with anyone coming out and saying it. Trying to deflect away from it is just stupid, really.

Some of those calling us a shambles will of course be those who were involved, or contributed to our poor form, but that's fine with me; whatever helps them sleep at night.

Wilson was a poor performer in a poor side in a poor era for us. But he wasn't the only player signed with a promising pedigree that didn't perform from us (from both sides of the border).

Incredible how EMB managed to fit in a Neil Lennon dig though. Confuses me how some people on this forum that evidently don't rate the Scottish game, or those within it, spend so much of their energy talking about it repeatedly.

I haven't really got a problem with the scottish game but please don't claim it to be some sort amazing achievement, any of our failed managers would have won the championship at Celtic because they have no credible opposition and that includes Aberdeen.

Well done to DMC he has once more found his level in a league he knows well, but I don't see that we have to be lectured by a leech like Wilson.

I haven't really got a problem with the scottish game but please don't claim it to be some sort amazing achievement, any of our failed managers would have won the championship at Celtic because they have no credible opposition and that includes Aberdeen.

I would never claim it as such. And in fairness if you saw Lennon's interview with Geoff Shreeves he spoke just about as honestly as he could get away with about the situation.

I'm certain you are an intelligent man that realises any manager that leads his side to a title, be it by 5 points or 50, with an equal budget or one 10x the size of his nearest opposition, must speak positively about his side and the achievement. I don't think any manager in any league should be slighted for that, personally.

I would never claim it as such. And in fairness if you saw Lennon's interview with Geoff Shreeves he spoke just about as honestly as he could get away with about the situation.

I'm certain you are an intelligent man that realises any manager that leads his side to a title, be it by 5 points or 50, with an equal budget or one 10x the size of his nearest opposition, must speak positively about his side and the achievement. I don't think any manager in any league should be slighted for that, personally.

and i'm also pragmatic and realise that most of scotlands big clubs, were instrumental in the disproportionate penalty against Rangers, that made the league more of a joke than it was before, Celtic because it gives them unmolested entry into the champions league and 3 or 4 also rans an outside chance of qualification.

And Dunfermline, of course?

Are they similar to Rangers and should face the same 'punishment'? I don't think so. Rangers went through an SFA judicial review and were fined for a raft of offences. Many of these due to another poor owner in Whyte, but the seeds of financial trouble were being sewn throughout the tenure of Sir David Murray.

As far as I know, Hearts have not been guilty of similar offences so have faced no similar fines.

In terms of being in Administration, although it's a terrible situation for any club (or indeed business) going through it, this alone doesn't make me wish for demotion, regardless of who the club is.

If Rangers had taken the points deduction, agreed a deal with HMRC etc and stayed in the SPL while cost cutting to within their means, that wouldn't have been an issue to me.

The problem was there was such uncertainty around them, with the 'big tax case' looming, amongst over things, that HMRC seemingly decided to make an example and reject any CVA and effectively force the club to be liquidated.

Did the rest of Scotland's sides really do the wrong thing in voting that this 'new' Rangers should not be allowed direct entry into the top flight after everything that had precluded it?

Even as a Celtic fan, I bear no grudge towards them and do hope they find a way back under proper leadership, but I don't really think allowing any club to hop straight back in under a new debt free company name is particularly fair.

And Dunfermline, of course?

Are they similar to Rangers and should face the same 'punishment'? I don't think so. Rangers went through an SFA judicial review and were fined for a raft of offences. Many of these due to another poor owner in Whyte, but the seeds of financial trouble were being sewn throughout the tenure of Sir David Murray.

As far as I know, Hearts have not been guilty of similar offences so have faced no similar fines.

In terms of being in Administration, although it's a terrible situation for any club (or indeed business) going through it, this alone doesn't make me wish for demotion, regardless of who the club is.

If Rangers had taken the points deduction, agreed a deal with HMRC etc and stayed in the SPL while cost cutting to within their means, that wouldn't have been an issue to me.

The problem was there was such uncertainty around them, with the 'big tax case' looming, amongst over things, that HMRC seemingly decided to make an example and reject any CVA and effectively force the club to be liquidated.

Did the rest of Scotland's sides really do the wrong thing in voting that this 'new' Rangers should not be allowed direct entry into the top flight after everything that had precluded it?

Even as a Celtic fan, I bear no grudge towards them and do hope they find a way back under proper leadership, but I don't really think allowing any club to hop straight back in under a new debt free company name is particularly fair.

it seems to me for some bizarre reason instead of going for a big conglomerate like say Vodaphone HMRC have gone after a football club. Hearts and their owner have been an embarrassing disgrace to scottish football for 5/6 years, they get away with murder, won't their administration make them debt free?

it seems to me for some bizarre reason instead of going for a big conglomerate like say Vodaphone HMRC have gone after a football club. Hearts and their owner have been an embarrassing disgrace to scottish football for 5/6 years, they get away with murder, won't their administration make them debt free?

They'll also be in the same division as Rangers next season.

But worth noting he said "was a shambles" not "are a shambles".

I'd agree we were, with him and others in the squad. I really wanted Derek to be a success but his lack of knowledge of what English players might've done a job for us and his packing the squad with unwanted wasters like Mark Wilson and the party organiser were his undoing.

I agree in everything you say.

Not read the whole thread or article but if the club was a shambles & I'm sure most would agree it was then as a manager shouldn't he help sort it out if he could seen that?? Just bitter about being sacked for doing a piss poor job imo.

Archived