IGNORED

Bristol Rugby Today

RedM

I went on Sunday. Apart from the comprehensive win, the blazing sunshine, the discounted tasty hot pie, the opportunity to stand, enjoying a pint while watching the game and parking within 200 yards of the ground, it was rubbish.

Can't wait to see more rubbish next season. It's great.

It's all gone beaver, it used to decorate every wall some time ago but apparently they left it to rot in a dusty location for years and refused to allow viewings.

I did hear something along the lines of a small display of sorts being incorporated into the redevelopment plans, it would be so appreciated after all this time feeling like an attempt to remove our history had been made.

Not surprised, typical "family club".

Cuckoos.

Is it still possible to get a free ticket to watch the rugby before this season ends or have i missed the boat? Was the game against Ealing the designated free game for us to attend? Any info would be much appreciated.

Ealing was the one and only game on offer, as is Preston for the rugby fans to visit us.

Bristol v Bath at Ashton Gate has attracted over 20k on two occasions in the recent past.

Other games at Ashton Gate ranged from 12k to 16k whilst they've had just under 12k at the Gas dump.

Average this season in the championship is around 5k but double it when last in the Premier League. 

I would think they'll get 12k or so if they go up with more for the local games.

We average 11,700 in this division so I don't think there would be a lot in it.

If they do go up, they'll be games with Bath, Glos and Exeter - no reason why they can't average over 12k IMO, especially as those teams travel well

The biggest reason that I will not be renewing my ST and also to some extinct the reason  I have hardly used it this season is because of this joint tenants in out own ground bullshit that sooooo many of you seem happy about.

I for one am not and think that the ground has been as good as stolen from us, The fact that some say we owe SL lots of money so its ok is a joke. He spent it......he lost it not us the fans.

The biggest reason that I will not be renewing my ST and also to some extinct the reason  I have hardly used it this season is because of this joint tenants in out own ground bullshit that sooooo many of you seem happy about.

I for one am not and think that the ground has been as good as stolen from us, The fact that some say we owe SL lots of money so its ok is a joke. He spent it......he lost it not us the fans.

you do know most pro clubs don't own their own ground most are owned by a holding company, this is to prevent the ground sale in case of administration as its not classed as the club assit and therefore can't be sold to get creidtors back their money,

you do know most pro clubs don't own their own ground most are owned by a holding company, this is to prevent the ground sale in case of administration as its not classed as the club assit and therefore can't be sold to get creidtors back their money,

Yes I do know that and that was the party line that came form the club at the time. However I do not see those clubs inviting other clubs to play at their ground as joint tenants with equal rights, which is what both BCFC and Bristol rugby are now saying.

In essence, its not our ground in any way, we rent it.

How the 82 board would turn in their graves, after fighting so hard to retain ownership of the ground in those dark days.

A better solution would be to run the club on proper financial lines so that there is no threat of Administration AND own your ground. But as we are no more than joint and entirely equal tenants from next season that is a situation we will never see again at Ashton Gate.

There is quite a cheap game on tomorrow night - friday night games are good fun and great atmosphere - vs Rotherham in the B&I Cup. Team is pretty strong for a Cup game - and a couple of real future stars wil be on show - Auguy Slowik belies his name and is incredibly quick ;-) You will also be able to get tix for the playoff games as well - they are two legged affairs - hopefully leading to Bris making it back to the Prem. It is sad that the 'catering' for the rugby is so much better than at AG - solely on the basis of having pasties!

Atmosphere on Fridays is usually excellent, not so sure it will be as good as it can this time round though as it's the bloody idiotic cup as my father affectionately called it.

Don't know how seriously we're taking the competition this year, no statements have been made so I'd guess it ranks lower on the priority list. Some top quality players will be on show all the same.

Yes I do know that and that was the party line that came form the club at the time. However I do not see those clubs inviting other clubs to play at their ground as joint tenants with equal rights, which is what both BCFC and Bristol rugby are now saying. In essence, its not our ground in any way, we rent it.  How the 82 board would turn in their graves, after fighting so hard to retain ownership of the ground in those dark days.

You seem very strongly entrenched in your views, so I tread respectfully.

The board you refer to oversaw a period that saw us renamed Bristol City 1982 Ltd, they were the board that chased the dream without the hundres of millions of pounds to back them up.

I was only born in 1982 so stand to be corrected on detail but the fact our current owner is covering our financial shortcoming to the tune of tens of millions - through chasing the dream we all complied with, gives him the right to do what he thinks is best for the club.

As I see it, we do still own AG in all but legal interpretation in the same way we are still Bristol City Football Club not Bristol City 1982 ltd in all but legal documentation.

In sum, the disaster of 82 was the greatest in the club's history, that AG was still legally ours, where it is not now, seems somewhat insignificant.

Wonder if R*vers would have preferred to stay in their spiritual home but for the issue of legalities?

I can't see AG changing for them other than the pitch and the posts.

If they come to a historical ground that has been home to Bristol city for many many years expecting things their way and expecting blue seats then they have a set of ignorant fans, Ashton gate is home of Bristol City, Bristol City play in red, full stop.

They aint hignorant,just arrogant..a few big eds amongst the Bris fans and that's a fact.real cocky so in so's.superior attitude I guess you'd call it.

They aint hignorant,just arrogant..a few big eds amongst the Bris fans and that's a fact.real cocky so in so's.superior attitude I guess you'd call it.

How embarrassing for them.

Luckily we don't have anyone matching that description among our ranks.

Strange rules in the rugger league. You end up top of the league but not necessarily won It.

Yeah, it's total shite.

We've finished top twice but lost one final and one semi thus failing to get promotion on two occasions. Shouldn't the most consistently good team be the best candidate? Was even more stupid the first handful of times as the playoffs included the top 8 teams whilst the bottom 4 had a relegation play off. Now it's just top 4 and bottom team down but it begs the question that if the worst team overall is rightfully relegated, why not the reverse for top?

Archived