IGNORED

Are You Having Your 7-A-Day?

WTFiGO!?!

Headline news is they now reckon 5 items of fruit and veg is not enough - we need seven or we will all drop dead.

What a total crock of shit.

The phrase was only coined by an American advertising campaign, without any scientific research, anyway.

Feel free to add your own outpouring of rage against political correctness and social control. . .

Headline news is they now reckon 5 items of fruit and veg is not enough - we need seven or we will all drop dead.

What a total crock of shit.

The phrase was only coined by an American advertising campaign, without any scientific research, anyway.

Feel free to add your own outpouring of rage against political correctness and social control. . .

Can actually tell you a lot about this. Nutritionists will tell you we all should be eating around 11 portions of fruit and veg a day. Though the government found it too much so set the bar to 5, so even 7 is not really enough ladies and gentlemen.

And for the record, I consume around 30 pieces of fruit and veg a day.

Can actually tell you a lot about this. Nutritionists will tell you we all should be eating around 11 portions of fruit and veg a day. Though the government found it too much so set the bar to 5, so even 7 is not really enough ladies and gentlemen.

And for the record, I consume around 30 pieces of fruit and veg a day.

That is correct.

Fresh fruit and veg (most of it anyway) are rich in various different vitamins, minerals, antioxidants etc. Can do a lot to help fight multiple disease/ailments. Nothing to do with any Australian garbage just the basic fundamentals of modern day medicine.

It's nonsense. It's a randomly selected and culturally specific number that's being bandied about and prone to change on a whim, like now. No empirical evidence to support it whatsoever.

The slogan: "don't eat crap, eat fresh", which I just made up, probably has more truth to it.

It's nonsense. It's a randomly selected and culturally specific number that's being bandied about and prone to change on a whim, like now. No empirical evidence to support it whatsoever.

The slogan: "don't eat crap, eat fresh", which I just made up, probably has more truth to it.

Speak to someone educated in nutrition. They'll tell you you're talking shite. It was always 7-8 as an optimal figure, and as mentioned the government said 5 as it was more manageable.

I'm slightly confused about it all

What actually constitutes to a piece of fruit? A segment of an orange or the whole the thing?

Because if it's the whole thing I'm not sure how people do it

Saying that I did have a stir fry last night and the amount of veg in it was staggering and delicious :)

Banana with muesli for breakfast

Apple mid morning

Orange with lunch

Orange juice during the day

3 veg minimum in evening meal

That's seven.

It's not too difficult really and yes, it means whole orange not just segment

Banana with muesli for breakfast

Apple mid morning

Orange with lunch

Orange juice during the day

3 veg minimum in evening meal

That's seven.

It's not too difficult really and yes, it means whole orange not just segment

I probably get close then without paying much attention

The problem I have though is the fruit salad in the morning as it's about half an orange an apple a couple of strawberries. Tastes nice though :)

Speak to someone educated in nutrition. They'll tell you you're talking shite. It was always 7-8 as an optimal figure, and as mentioned the government said 5 as it was more manageable.

I've spoken informally to a doctor who said putting numbers on it is total bollox.

I've spoken informally to a doctor who said putting numbers on it is total bollox.

Doctors who use 'the food wheel' and call fitness professionals 'obese' for having a high BMI caused by muscle?

Qualified nutritionists have a great deal more knowledge than your standard GP. Like comparing a mechanic to a car salesman.

Each to their own mate, I wish you good health in the absence of fruit n veg.

Doctors who use 'the food wheel' and call fitness professionals 'obese' for having a high BMI caused by muscle?

Qualified nutritionists have a great deal more knowledge than your standard GP. Like comparing a mechanic to a car salesman.

Have plenty of fruit and veg (work occasionally in a Greengrocers) and enjoy taking the piss out of transient, patronising, governmental advice.

It's designed for the Jeremy Kyle generation who struggle with the risks involved in lodging crayons up their noses, let alone the difference between a healthy balanced diet and a diet consisting of fast-foods and ready meals.

Wish you good health playing counting games.

Straw man :(

Archived