IGNORED

Our League Position

TNBT

I hope we can finish in 16th at the lowest but am well happy with the results last night & feel confident we can survive more now than ever, all those games we drew are looking mighty good now we've won as many as the teams around us :-)

Good as much as i dont like that tit Ferguson i would hate to see Swindon nick that final playoff spot

Both Swindon & Posh have lost more games than us this season, if only we'd turned some of the draws into W's, ie. Port Vale, Notts Co, Oldham (H) MK x 2, Tranny (H), Swindon.

Why? It's a 7 point gap basically.

I know it is splitting hairs, but prefer the 6.5 points one myself. If they get seven more points than us, a seven point gap assumes we will be level, although they actually have one more point. Just all depends howyou look at it. 6 points will not be enough for them, 7 will be.

Anywoo, Colchester lost. All good.

Just looked at the table & how nice it's looking now we're 5 places away from the first relegation spot & definitely 6 points between us even if the teams with games in hand win them.

Of the nine teams below us, six play each other  this  coming saturday:

Shrewsbury v Stevenage / Crawley v Crewe and Colchester v Tranmere, 

If, and it's always a BIG if with Bristol City, we can pick up another 3 points Saturday, I reckon that could be enough?

But having supported City since 1968, maybe I'll plump for a more cautious two wins and 52 points

Since our ressurection from the dead, back from the basement league in 1984, Bristol City have only ever once finished in the gas infested territories of below half way in this division (13th in 1996)... Theres no reason we should finish lower than that this time. Looking at the table, i think 12th is where we should be finishing. I dont think we'll overhaul Sheff Utd or Port Vale but 12th will do nicely!!

Archived