IGNORED

Current Account Switching?

BRISTOL86

Has anyone ever used any of the high street banks 'switching' services, that promise to switch over all your DDs, SO's etc seamlessly and without a hitch?

If so, was it as pain free as advertised? I'm planning on switching NatWest to Halifax and would be interested to know if anyone has used this switch service, and whether everything went well?

Halifax are a bunch of b*******s: don't do it.

All switching services are crap - you will need a months bill money in both your new and old account to allow for the inevitable cock-ups. I switched to Halifax many years ago, and the first thing they did was lose all my personal data.

No-one will help you, no-one cares, and no-one will listen to your complaints.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

:bruce_h4h:

Halifax are a bunch of b*******s: don't do it.

All switching services are crap - you will need a months bill money in both your new and old account to allow for the inevitable cock-ups. I switched to Halifax many years ago, and the first thing they did was lose all my personal data.

No-one will help you, no-one cares, and no-one will listen to your complaints.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

:bruce_h4h:

I also switched to Halifax a few years ago and haven't got a bad word to say about the process or my dealings with them since. Very good bank IMO.

Back then the switch took about a month but these days I believe it can be as quick as a week.

I went from Natwest to Nationwide. The switch was pretty much seemless. Really impressed with Nationwide.

I went from Lloyds to Nationwide and had no problem - easy peasy. Would agree with BCR re Nationwide, very pleased with them and free travel insurance as well.

Halifax to First Direct, worked fine. Nice to be able to hear a phone ring and a human being in this country answer it when you call them rather than 57 menus to go through.

Halifax are *****.

Not sure if they've changed their practices but I've spoken to them a few times this week and it's always been English people. They even give you the 0117 numbers direct to branch on their website.

Archived