IGNORED

You Choose The Pundit

The Humble Realist

A lot of pundits get a lot of stick...savage, Barton, Owen, Chile's etc but what's interesting is how for every hater there is a fan.

I remember matt Holland getting called every name under the sun for daring to suggest we would finish bottom last year...I don't remember any apologies come may !

Anyways, my question is who would you choose for a football match as your anchor and 2 pundits and commentators for the game

Il go with

Chiles

Redknapp (jamie)

Neville (gary)

With motson and Andy gray doing the commentary

A lot of pundits get a lot of stick...savage, Barton, Owen, Chile's etc but what's interesting is how for every hater there is a fan.

I remember matt Holland getting called every name under the sun for daring to suggest we would finish bottom last year...I don't remember any apologies come may !

Anyways, my question is who would you choose for a football match as your anchor and 2 pundits and commentators for the game

Il go with

Chiles

Redknapp (jamie)

Neville (gary)

With motson and Andy gray doing the commentary

Chiles, oh please! Pudding faced droner who tells us who we should support . Hilarious carefully scripted ad-libs ! NOOOOO

i like the nutter that gets everything wrong,cant remember his name but as commentators go,he has me in stitches.

whos scored geoff? mm, i dont actually know geoff? which team was it for geoff? that one

edit,chris kamara,not a pundit but great viewing

A lot of people seem to dislike Andy "tell it how it is" Townsend, but I reckon he's mint.

That's because he rarely does tell it how it is. Instead he tells it how it is in andy land, which is a parallel universe where everything is skewed and twisted into an ultra uk-biased, can't logically compute what I've just seen despite having played the game at a high level - cockney but I'm really irish - dribble.

Nice bloke. Awful pundit.

Each to their own though.

Edit: forgot to finish my sentence

A lot of people seem to dislike Andy "tell it how it is" Townsend, but I reckon he's mint.

He's like that drunk idiot who rambles on at the pub about nothing for 5 hours..

Plus whenever an English team score in a European game he always shouts "yes", aren't commentators meant to be unbiased?

Definitely Carra and Gary Neville, don't always agree with them but I like their honesty and you can't get more in the way of experience in the modern game than they have. Townsend is the worst by an absolute mile, how many times does he say 'yep' every game???

As for the presenter I'm not so sure. I like Lineker and Stelling, but neither do that many games. I think the BBC have the FA Cup again next season though so we'll see less of Chiles and Townsend which is brilliant.

Barry Davies is my favourite commentator, but since he's retired I quite like Alan Green on 5Live (though I can see why others wouldn't).

Find Townsend to regurgitate cliches and catchphrases like cats do fur balls if you like, we know that - of course we do, so not for me Des. Also likes to tell it how it is, or, 9 times out of 10, state the bleedin obvious, if you prefer.

Sam Matterface and Mark Saggers are two I do enjoy listening to.

Tyldsley I find to be a little sensationalist drama queen.

Adrian Chiles must be the most boring man on TV. The advantage is, because he's so boring, he makes any match seem interesting by comparison

The pundits from hell would be Adrian Chiles and Roger Maloney with post match summary by Prince Charles.

Archived