IGNORED

Bristol Football

Manon

Much as we dislike the idea of comparing our club to the gas, there seems to be a strangely unavoidable number of parallels between the two clubs recently, on and off the field.

The sags are like a sh*tter mirror image of ourselves. We both have 47 points, and are 4 points from safety, (both 5 including gd).

We both have major stadia developments commencing in the off season, and even the all important dates for legal hurdles have coincided at scarily similar times.

Anyway, just saying like.

Don't you ever get bored of comparing both teams? What do they matter to us we are a league above as we stand and you should all focus your energies on our own club![/quote

Well said. Considering this forum is called One Team In Bristol, it's hilarious how much is posted on a team that is deemed irrelevant. Some of the posts, while stating how superior City fans are, go on to embarrass the majority of us City supporters (example - BS34 on Rover's ground thread].

Maybe your from the generation that hasn't witnessed many Bristol Derbies? Myself over the years have witnessed many disgusting things from their fans, at the last derby my children were almost trampled on by a poloce horse due to the Rovers fans charging at families after the game. Rovers have somewhat of a reputation for attacking families so it wasn't an isolated incident. People can say what they like about City fans but the fact is they don't attfk shirters or families.

Living in North Bristol all of my life the rivalry with them is much much more personal, maybe if you walked in my shoes you would understand.

ame="RodViler" post="2008039" timestamp="1396719225"]

Maybe your from the generation that hasn't

witnessed many Bristol Derbies? Myself over the years have witnessed many disgusting things

from their fans, at the last derby my children

were almost trampled on by a poloce horse due

to the Rovers fans charging at families after the

game. Rovers have somewhat of a reputation

for attacking families so it wasn't an isolated

incident. People can say what they like about

City fans but the fact is they don't attfk shirters

or families.

Living in North Bristol all of my life the rivalry

with them is much much more personal, maybe

if you walked in my shoes you would

understand.

What I don't accept is your rhetoric that all Rovers fans are bad and all City fans are angels. I would accept your dislike of Rovers if you balanced it with the vile things some of our fans have done too and believe me, I've witnessed it. I live in north Bristol too, but I don't run my life via a postcode.

Don't you ever get bored of comparing both teams? What do they matter to us we are a league above as we stand and you should all focus your energies on our own club!

I believe this is the first time I have compared them..

Well said. Considering this forum is called One Team In Bristol, it's hilarious how much is posted on a team that is deemed irrelevant. Some of the posts, while stating how superior City fans are, go on to embarrass the majority of us City supporters (example - BS34 on Rover's ground thread].

I didn't name this forum.

I am actually one who is glad to live in a two-club city.

Yes, you heard it here first - I'm glad we have the gas, rather than live in a one team city such as cardiff. Especially since the sags are so shit!

I mean, all banter aside, do people REALLY wish they weren't here? Do people REALLY believe that our fans are actually superior human beings (ok, tempting I must admit)??

If so I find that rather sad, and maybe football isn't what I thought it was. What a boring world it would be without rivalry.

Anyway, the thread wasn't intended to degenerate into this kind of thing, but really, what did I honestly expect...

I just found the recent parallels interesting, and whilst I appreciate there isn't much mileage in it beyond that, discussion wise, I'd hoped for better than that tbh.

I didn't name this forum.

I am actually one who is glad to live in a two-club city.

Yes, you heard it here first - I'm glad we have the gas, rather than live in a one team city such as cardiff. Especially since the sags are so shit!

I mean, all banter aside, do people REALLY wish they weren't here? Do people REALLY believe that our fans are actually superior human beings (ok, tempting I must admit)??

If so I find that rather sad, and maybe football isn't what I thought it was. What a boring world it would be without rivalry.

Anyway, the thread wasn't intended to degenerate into this kind of thing, but really, what did I honestly expect...

I just found the recent parallels interesting, and whilst I appreciate there isn't much mileage in it beyond that, discussion wise, I'd hoped for better than that tbh.

Thing is Manon,our threads are like our children, we conceive them with love and our best intentions and then we let them loose in the big wide world where they must fend for themselves ,risking abuse ,agression and misunderstanding.

We don't own nor control them but that does n't stop us having another go.

I agree with your original idea and having the Gas as rivals makes me realise how lucky we are !

Archived