IGNORED

Eastend Today

BUTOR

Quiet in the first half, loud in the second, good atmosphere towards the end. Liked some of the cheating chants aimed at Preston.

I noticed about 20 people in E block Williams who may have transferred from the Eastend? Seemed to be enjoying themselves, can see it being a decent area for atmosphere next season.

I get the impression that most people are waiting for the Crewe game... pack the east end!

We tried all game to get it going,but was flat in ee today

It'll come alive against Crewe. I think the eastend may be going at the right time, because this season has been the worst in years.

Our job now is to say goodbye in style before the inevitable disruption in the next few years.

It isn't half going to look weird with something the height of the Dolman at that end instead of our beloved old shed!

I've been going for nigh on 40 years and its always been there. It's going to look very different by the time next season starts as I would guess the framework will be up to nigh on full height by then? It's certainly going to look big and change the look of the stadium massively. The same applies to when the huge new Williams is being built I suppose.

It'll come alive against Crewe. I think the eastend may be going at the right time, because this season has been the worst in years.

Our job now is to say goodbye in style before the inevitable disruption in the next few years.

The Old boys will be out in force, going,going, gone but never forgotten; many,many hundreds of hours spent under the old girl. :o

We are the Eastend,we are The Eastend we are the Eastend Ashton Gate :sub:  :(

First season ive had a season ticket in the EE. Spent 5 seasons previous as a ST holder in the dolman. Moved due 2 price, didnt want 2pay that amount of money 4 leauge 1 football. Have loved it in the EE. Especially v gas and swindon. Ive noticed all season that when we are given the extra block the singing is watered down a bit. Looking frward to a pack EE v crew.

The Old boys will be out in force, going,going, gone but never forgotten; many,many hundreds of hours spent under the old girl. :o

We are the Eastend,we are The Eastend we are the Eastend Ashton Gate :sub::(

In 50 years, when football is lost in the money and the route it is going down, people will only hear stories of the great eastend, the passion and the pride that went with it. The windswept terraces and the incredible send off!

I don't think we'll know quite what we have until it goes

East End died when the Atyeo was built.

Agreed. We should NEVER  have given the EE over to away fans. Easy said after the event though.

The last few years have been a good laugh and a reminder of just how good that end was. The problem now is how to transfer that spirit into the new East end?

Was pretty quiet today.It felt like a real struggle to get anything going.The football on display didn't help but all season there has been a real weary feel in the EE.Fantastic efforts were made by certain individuals when the EE was reopened and at times the place was electric under GJ but with an extremely heavy heart I have to say that modern football has claimed the East End.Will be very hard being at AG next season watching from somewhere else.

you can't deny the passion and pride, as well as the unique feel that came with those days of the 70s and 80s.

The east end has seen it all, from the boot boys to modern day football. But, I hold to the hope that, like the era of hooliganism, the generic stage football is at is nothing but a phase.

So, Slacker, I understand where you're coming from, but I am sure that the 'modern football' that has claimed the eastend will soon end and football will enter another stage.

I hope you are right Bounce.Apart from the win at all costs glory hunter Prem fans,paying supporters seem to be getting more and more disillusioned with football.I know I am.I just hope things haven't gone to far,but honestly I don't think "we" will ever get"our" game back.Hope I am wrong.

I thought the East End was again quiet today, need songs you are all going to sing along with, not 40%. Maybe that seems a little unfair but a perspective from the Williams stand.

The lads whom have come across to the Williams stand did a great job, it's keeping the old faithful awake, at the same time a few extra join in with some songs to make 50 whereas it was none before

Surround the opposition fans is a great idea, I remember standing their or maybe a little lower in the late 70's

Keep it going lads & lasses

COYR

Idea for Notts County, All the people on the Right of the stand (nearer the toilets) should stand next to the netting

See if the Netters will sing then when they can't stare at the opposing fans

But then who will do that mock "composing" thing that all the KFC kids do the away fans?

There's only two game left in there so there's not much point to the bog lot leaving their... Bog. But the good thing is that after Notts County (presuming they leave the away fans alone for the Crewe game) the netters won't be a problem, with the e block being so far away from the Atyeo and the east end then becoming the new home end.

And occasionally I like to get a KFC if I'm hungry before a game, does this make me a netter?!

Archived