IGNORED

The Boat Race

Talk Of The Town

To make it more appealing I hope they get a russian sub to torpedo both crews next year, that would make it slightly less dull and at least it might just about make it newsworthy.

Seriously who gives a f..k about some posh students rowing.

Used to be a big thing when I was young but tbh I didn't even realise it was today.

Was it today? I thought it was on Saturdays? I remember one year Fulham fans turning round to watch the race.

It's like the IOM TT, which gets no publicity now; I find that rather more surprising, to be honest.

Was it today? I thought it was on Saturdays? I remember one year Fulham fans turning round to watch the race.

It's like the IOM TT, which gets no publicity now; I find that rather more surprising, to be honest.

Oxford won by 11 lengths. Clash of orrs at the beginning which forced a Cambridgeshire rower to drop his Orr

TT Races are on ITV4 every year.....

Which, I think, proves my point.

I've got full admiration for the training regime those intelligent elite have to go through to get in a boat for that race. If I had the family money of some of those rowers the last thing I'd probably be doing is persecuting my mind with study and my body with rowing training. I'd more likely be training my liver swilling champagne and training my eyes letching at the POSH Oxbridge tarts.

I've got full admiration for the training regime those intelligent elite have to go through to get in a boat for that race. If I had the family money of some of those rowers the last thing I'd probably be doing is persecuting my mind with study and my body with rowing training. I'd more likely be training my liver swilling champagne and training my eyes letching at the POSH Oxbridge tarts.

You hope to become Mayor of London, then, Mozzy?

It clearly is, given that it seemingly has its own thread every year, normally on the lines of...."Waaaaah they go to a privileged school and are rowing a boat, oh the unfairness of life"

Hard talk, there.

They're posh so who cares? equates to: we're not posh so who shouldn't care?

Archived