IGNORED

Postions We Need To Strengthen

redarmy1974

Lets hear what everybody thinks I will go for ....

2x Central Defender

Holding midfielder -strong and physical and can play abit

3 x forwards

the reason I have gone for a 2 new forwards is I cant see Baldock being here next season as he could easily play and score goals in the championship.

I also can see JET leaving at the end of the season just got a feeling SC wont go another season pulling his hair out watching him next season, yes he scores goals if he played week in week out to his best he could play in the prem no problems .

I think we have a goalkeeper we can trust in Fielding I think he will get better and better .

Also think Kelly will have a major part to play next year looks very good .

Lets hear what everybody thinks I will go for ....

2x Central Defender

Holding midfielder -strong and physical and can play abit

3 x forwards

the reason I have gone for a 2 new forwards is I cant see Baldock being here next season as he could easily play and score goals in the championship.

I also can see JET leaving at the end of the season just got a feeling SC wont go another season pulling his hair out watching him next season, yes he scores goals if he played week in week out to his best he could play in the prem no problems .

I think we have a goalkeeper we can trust in Fielding I think he will get better and better .

Also think Kelly will have a major part to play next year looks very good .

Central defender and holding midfielder, the same basically at the last couple of seasons.

I think Baldock will be here, I don't agree that he can score for fun in the Championship, first touch can be poor and couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag.

We're in trouble if we need two new central defenders as we've signed at least 4 in the past 12 months.

Unless Cotterill has some magic tricks planned I think we can expect to see at least the majority of Flint, Williams, Osborne and El Abd making up the central defence for a few years to come.

We mainly need some wide midfielders, a goalkeeper (ideally but again we've recently signed 3) and a forward (2 or 3 if JET/Baldock leave). Apart from that we're not that far off being a good team anyway.

Can't help but agree with you ,for all his quailties i don't see FF as that.

The Preston goalie seemed pretty good. .

As was the Swindon Keeper.

Declan Rudd is on loan to them from Norwich but could be available permanently I suppose considering he's 3rd choice there. Wes Foderingham at Swindon is quality but I fully expect him to leave them and head to a Championship side.

freeman for left/right wing option to compete with waggy, burns and bryan.

paterson on a permanent as he could for a great trio with baldock and jet who i think will both stay. hopefully barnett will not be signed permanently.

wade elliot and gillett both on one year deals as bit of experience in the centre wouldnt go amiss.

other than that. use the money freed up by fontaine, pearson, barnett, moore etc to sign players to extended contracts. numerous players will have one year left come the summer

freeman for left/right wing option to compete with waggy, burns and bryan.

paterson on a permanent as he could for a great trio with baldock and jet who i think will both stay. hopefully barnett will not be signed permanently.

wade elliot and gillett both on one year deals as bit of experience in the centre wouldnt go amiss.

other than that. use the money freed up by fontaine, pearson, barnett, moore etc to sign players to extended contracts. numerous players will have one year left come the summer

He wouldn't have too many problems then.

Archived