IGNORED

Half Time Brawl At Walsall

Pickle Rick

Seems as if some intellectuals decided to have a riot at half time. Many people near by watched it down the tunnel as it was inside the away end.

I think it may have been little kiddy winkles invoked and some yoof were talking with the po as some stewards kicked out a kiddy.

Classy bunch, we are.

It's unfortunate that this happens, don't know why it kicked off but other than this (and some goldfish behaviour towards stewards), the fans were great and the atmosphere was very good and loud pretty much all game.

Usual completely over the top and aggressive West Midlands police on show again. Stewards were trying to deal with the situation in a fairly calm and reasoned way. Coppers turn up and completely lose it. I saw a female copper trying to calm down two of her colleagues who clearly had lost it.

No need for it but given their history can't say I'm surprised.

All good friendly atmosphere until the police poked their nose in. Knocked a blokes pint out his hand (which at the time was like gold dust) then kicking off because he had a go at them. Police wanted trouble today that was clear. Luckily only a few city fans "took the bait" if you like. Bit of a non story really considering a cracking away win & gas getting ever closer to non-league ;-)

All this over a spilt drink? Slandering justified.

:laugh: got to agree mate. Spilt drink... Kick off. Jesus Christ it is a drink. It is 4 whole pounds. Is it really worth a whole lot of agro. Some people need learn how to control their temper, and certainly need to know what is really worth getting upset about.

All sounds rather pathetic around.

Seems as if some intellectuals decided to have a riot at half time. Many people near by watched it down the tunnel as it was inside the away end.

I think it may have been little kiddy winkles invoked and some yoof were talking with the po as some stewards kicked out a kiddy.

Classy bunch, we are.

It's unfortunate that this happens, don't know why it kicked off but other than this (and some goldfish behaviour towards stewards), the fans were great and the atmosphere was very good and loud pretty much all game.

So you don't know exactly what happened but you are prepared to guess and make assumptions about how "classy" some of our fans are?

Obviously the WMP and Walsall stewards have a history of being welcoming and friendly eh?

You are correct, you don't know why it happened so maybe it might be worth while waiting until the facts emerge and then if people deserve a slagging then you can fire on and fill your boots.

If some of our fans were wrong then so be it but why are we some so keen to slag off the club and fans?  It amazes me.

:laugh: got to agree mate. Spilt drink... Kick off. Jesus Christ it is a drink. It is 4 whole pounds. Is it really worth a whole lot of agro. Some people need learn how to control their temper, and certainly need to know what is really worth getting upset about.

All sounds rather pathetic around.

Never lost your temper then TRL ???

Everything depends upon the situation you find yourself in, get off your high horse, think before making stupid statements like yours above.

Never lost your temper then TRL ???

Everything depends upon the situation you find yourself in, get off your high horse, think before making stupid statements like yours above.

Yep. But not over a spilt pint. Think about it.

Lost it when my cousin got beaten up by her boy friend. Lost it when my mate got stabbed. Had my pint knocked out of my hand too many times to remember. Get over it.

Stupid statement? You are joking right? Its a bloody pint and 4 quid. Sad sad sad

Next match someone knock TRL's drink see how he reacts please hehe :laugh:.

Well I don't buy drinks at the match. But feel free to do it at a pub. You will get no reaction. It happens all the time.

Tee hee hee indeed

So you don't know exactly what happened but you are prepared to guess and make assumptions about how "classy" some of our fans are?

Obviously the WMP and Walsall stewards have a history of being welcoming and friendly eh?

You are correct, you don't know why it happened so maybe it might be worth while waiting until the facts emerge and then if people deserve a slagging then you can fire on and fill your boots.

If some of our fans were wrong then so be it but why are we some so keen to slag off the club and fans? It amazes me.

Did you go today?

Being there, I didn't need to see the fighting. I'm sure it was avoidable, anyhow...

Some fans attitudes towards stewarding in the stands was enough to show the class of some.

Genuine H & S issues where stewards are trying to sort it and be mindful, to then get refusal of cooperation and plenty of verbal?!

There's a smidgen which relates to the type who kick off when a pint spills. If my pint was spilled, a civilised reaction would be in toe, not creating an issue which escalated beyond need.

Did you go today?

Being there, I didn't need to see the fighting. I'm sure it was avoidable, anyhow...

Some fans attitudes towards stewarding in the stands was enough to show the class of some.

Genuine H & S issues where stewards are trying to sort it and be mindful, to then get refusal of cooperation and plenty of verbal?!

There's a smidgen which relates to the type who kick off when a pint spills. If my pint was spilled, a civilised reaction would be in toe, not creating an issue which escalated beyond need.

Did you see West Midlands finest do their usual physical stuff? Nothing wrong with an accidental spilt pint but when you are deliberately lunged at by blokes in riot rear who have clearly lost control its a different matter.

I wasn't involved but I witnessed first hand what happened . The police came in all guns blazing as the situation fizzled out and rekindled the light by attacking people without any questioning. Random people were being brought upon by them and it was intolerable behaviour from the west Mercia ( no surprise there)

To be fair, West Midlands Police would be the culprits. West Mercia Police are another bunch of clowns.

Did you go today?

No.  Due to my wife just having given birth I could not make it but I have been to the Bescott twice and Fellows Park three time so I am well aware of the Police/Stewards attitudes to visiting fans.  I have also been to 72 grounds watching City so I kind of know what goes on.

You did not need to see the fighting but you are sure it avoidable?  I seriously hope you never get called for Jury Service?

"Genuine H & S issues"?  Are you for real?  Maybe you should ask WMP about their historical attitude toward H & S?

I just don't understand why people are so keen to have a dig at our own fans when absolutely nothing has been proved either way?

Half time 'brawl'?

I love the way the forum gives licence to post as emotive language as you can convince.

Oh, I'm sure the Evil will find more emotive language, particularly to cover up the failure of their beloved Sags and our success in fighting relegation.

"Genuine H & S issues"? Are you for real? Maybe you should ask WMP about their historical attitude toward H & S?

I just don't understand why people are so keen to have a dig at our own fans when absolutely nothing has been proved either way?

The H & S mention was toward stewarding, not the police - if you read my previous post.

As you say, I didn't choose to get up, stand and watch like others did (in a gormless manner). So I can't comment on the po on this occasion. But I'm sure they'd kick off at any excuse - and not be worse off. But the doofus who decided to kick off didn't think with logic, perhaps it was his football 'herd/sheep effect'?!

I'm not keen to have a dig - but some people don't take responsible actions for themselves and those around them. Why kick off when you're gonna be worse off..... Over a pint?!?!

Archived