IGNORED

Photos Of The Redevelopement.

A Horse With No Name

Pretty much every stadium development over the last ten years has had a live hourly webcam. It's standard. But the important factor for me is the location.

Hopefully it'll be located on the gangway halfway along the dolman.

The Brighton one was probably the best I saw - it was quite uniquely powered by a fuel cell and uploaded via a 3G SIMM. So guessing if same it can be placed anywhere within reason

The webcam is going to be the same ilk as the excellent Brighton one for people interested.. So will be able to see hour by hour/day by day progress

The Brighton Webcam was supplied by Lobster Pictures based in Bristol.

Nice to know that the club are again keeping things local

Slightly off topic, but I'm still really hopeful that there may yet be done possibility that the new east end might be given an identity.

Something simple and relatively inexpensive which wouldn't affect the planning permission; a focal point that helps to distinguish it such as the club crest on the roof at anfield, or the cockerel at spurs..

An ornate clock is another idea.

Anyone else got any ideas?

I've always thought some sort of tribute to the suspension bridge would be cool - not quite sure how we could do it

Haha possibly, I was thinking having the suspension bridge used to make an interesting scoreboard design or possibly a suspension bridge "sculpture" on the new ee roof. Not sure

How plausible it would be though!

I like the idea of a suspension bridge sculpture with the scores where the pillars should be.  Might only look right if it is 11-11 though!

This is a good opportunity for City to engage with the local universities/colleges.  Say to their design departments "Design us an iconic Bristol related sculpture to go atop the new EE".  We could vote for our favourite.

Yep think you are spot on about where that pic is taken from.

The grandstand to the right is the one destroyed during the war.

Never seen any pictures of the original ground next to Raleigh Road / Greenway Bush Lane

Not sure if any exist.

Ok. Thanks. I always remember my old teacher Mr Jones (at Ashton Gate Primary) telling us Bristol City used to play over the road. I'll have to make do with an old map I found which had something marked on it alleging the position of the old ground (which I think was primarily a cricket ground).

Yep think you are spot on about where that pic is taken from.The grandstand to the right is the one destroyed during the war.Never seen any pictures of the original ground next to Raleigh Road / Greenway Bush LaneNot sure if any exist.

The original ground was St. John's Lane, wasn't it?

Where Broad Plain RC are based ?

The original ground was St. John's Lane, wasn't it?

Where Broad Plain RC are based ?

That was the ground shared with Bedminster before the club moved permanently to Ashton Gate.

In City's earliest days they played on the cricket / football pitch under where Aldi is now sited .

If you play around on this site and turn the spyglass on to 1880s / 1900s map you can see the cricket pitch / pavilion under the modern map

Have fun!

http://maps.bristol.gov.uk/knowyourplace/

Archived