IGNORED

Standing Up Or Standing Down

The Humble Realist

So first things first I like standing at football and think safe standing is the way forward. However I very much 'sit ' in the dolman for home matches.

My question is...everyone home and away fans in the east end generally 'stand' . What's the clubs position on this ?

Next season will eastenders 'stand' somewhere else in the ground. Furthermore, away fans will be 'standing' in the atyeo.

Technically no one should be standing anywhere but can't see how it will be tackled as currently club seems to turn a blind eye to the east end standing.

Just wondering if this will have a knock on effect with some fans who like to sit being forced to stand as others around them will be standing.

I don't mind standing but im sure others and perhaps the elderly espeically will have bought their season ticket based on sitting down...thoughts ?

Just wondering if this will have a knock on effect with some fans who like to sit being forced to stand as others around them will be standing.

I don't mind standing but im sure others and perhaps the elderly espeically will have bought their season ticket based on sitting down...thoughts ?

I think the club's position is clear. If someone stands in an area that is specifically seating - eg the Dolman or the Atyeo - they will be told to sit. If they refuse they will be ejected from the ground. Although the ground is officially all seating, the club will turn a blind eye to standing in the allocated area in the Williams.

I think the club's position is clear. If someone stands in an area that is specifically seating - eg the Dolman or the Atyeo - they will be told to sit. If they refuse they will be ejected from the ground. Although the ground is officially all seating, the club will turn a blind eye to standing in the allocated area in the Williams.

Away fans in the atyeo too ? Presumably only a handful of games where significant away fans might stand e.g. a cup game

Away fans in the atyeo too ? Presumably only a handful of games where significant away fans might stand e.g. a cup game

You're right about the away fans. They'll be allowed to stand. I was referring to standing in the home section

Archived